ferrari?

you wake up to mick messing with your hair, "you like doing that don't you?"
"mhm, we need to go"
"then let's gooo" you say getting up and pulling mick up off the bed.
"oi i was comfy!"
"let's goooooo"
you drag mick downstairs and finish fp2 with mick in 3rd.

skip to race day!

"mick!""y/n!""you'll do great""and you better lead me to it""i will my love"

"mick!"
"y/n!"
"you'll do great"
"and you better lead me to it"
"i will my love"

mick sets off onto a formation lap and gets a good start, you cheer on without speaking because isn't allowed during a formation.

midway through the race mick gets clipped by a mercedes sending mick and george straight off the track, "FUCK!"
"mickey hands off!"
"aaargh george man"
"switch off and get out, i'm sorry mick"
"okay, yeah"
mick hops out and the car and waits on the sidelines to picked up, chatting with george but mainly staying quiet.

mick heads back in his ride and finishes media quickly before heading to his drivers room, while this is going on you try time it right and to beat mick to his room but it fails as the team make you troubleshoot until the car comes back.

you are let go and you head to micks driver room, you enter and you see him just asleep on the bed.
you sit on the floor leant against the bed, a few moments later mick wakes up and speaks up, "come up here"
"hm oh, yeah" you get up and slot yourself into micks arms and fall asleep next to him.

you wake up a few hours later and decide to head off of track, "squish.. i'm angry but i don't want to shout"
"home or here?"
"home, i can push our flights"
"okay.. can i be alone while i pack? you can go for a walk or hang with roscoe"
"i'll walk, call me if you need anything"
"i will"
you leave and just endlessly walk the streets of abu dhabi, you call charles and you hear him driving so you ask him to come pick you up.

"hi charles"
"are you okay?"
"mick kicked me out, so i've been walking but i got tired and you just happened to be driving"
"can you answer my question.."
"no, i am not okay because mick isn't okay"
"he needs a rage room or something, i literally don't have a clue"
"i can come to germany and get mick out, maybe some of the boys will come too"
"please i think he might need it, plus i could maybe hold a little christmas gathering thing.."
"very specific, but yes we can get that sorted"

you and charles drive around abu dhabi before mick calls you and tells you to come back to catch your flight.

"mickey?"
"let's go.."
"okay"
you and mick leave without another word, you board the plane and mick sleeps on your shoulder the whole flight.
you stay away just questioning why mick could be like this, once the flight lands you go back to the schumacher household and as soon as you enter corrina welcomes you with warm arms while mick takes the bags to his room, "honey, what's up with my son?"
"he spun out and has been grouchy ever since"
"settle on the sofa, i'll go talk to mick"
"thank you"
corrina walks to micks room while you lie down on the sofa and fall asleep but moments later you hear a crash from micks room and you rush in there.

"mick! i am your mother!"
mick just stays silent, corrina goes to walk out but sees you stood peering in the doorway, "honey be careful, he's in a vulnerable state" corrina says before leaving.
you walk in and close the door, carefully avoiding the broken pottery on the floor, you get close to mick but he stops you.
"don't, please"
"mick what do you need?"
"sleep, maybe to just be alone"
you take a step closer and place your hand on his face, he just melts into your touch.
you kneel down in front of mick and he avoid eye contact, "mickey, look at me" you force his face to look towards you, which works.
"i just fucked up my one chance to get us into ferrari, my fathers legacy can't be fulfilled and i can't prove my driving skills if i stay in this stupid haas"
"mick, i love you no matter what and we can stay but we need to see if ferrari gets in touch"
"i know"
you look up at mick with desperation and he kisses you hard which allows you to get onto of him, mick fully takes over and you two have a great night.

786 words