trouble

fp1 ends and mick stays p6 and kevin is p19 as he didn't set a fast lap. you head to micks driver room and waits for him to be done with media, however mick rushes up and ushers you to come with him. you trust him and he takes you to a reporter who was curious about the kevin situation and how it was saved, "this is y/n my strategist and engineer, she was doing kevin's team radio when everything happened"
"so y/n how did you know the faliure in kevin's car?"
you look at mick for affirmation then you get talking "on the pitwall screens there was a fluctuation in the engine temperature and i knew that meant one thing, so i told him to box box but then it got worse and hotter so i told him to stop safely, which he did, and he got away safely"
"wow, and your only new! haas must be so proud to have you as their new strategist"
"yes we are because ever since i saw her on the pitwall, she just belonged and she notices the smallest things which is good for us" mick says
you smile up at mick and you can tell he wants to kiss you.
"you two are dating, correct?"
"yes we are"
"did she get her job by dating you?" your emotions drop but you keep a straight face
"no, she actually got the job before we started dating. she nearly took a job in mercedes doing engineering work there but decided haas was a better fit, plus guenther loved her"
"a personal question but we saw you with bandages on at a race last week.. where did they come from?"
"i am super clumsy, so there isn't a time you wouldn't see me without bandages" you slightly laugh
"thank you for clearing that up we were worried"
"just me having balance issues, there's nothing to worry about"
"thank you for your time!"
you and mick both wave goodbye and he takes your hand before taking you to a more secluded place.

"are you okay?"
"yeah why?"
"the questions"
"mick i said i'm okay... leave it as that"
"okay" you can tell he's hurt but he trusts you enough to let it go.

fp2 starts and you focus on the data a little too much that you ignore mick,
"y/n?... pups, can you hear me?"
"hm wha shit sorry"
"are you okay?"
"i was just zoned into the data, i'm okay"
"okay, i'm loosing grip i think i should box"
"yeah confirmed, box box"
when mick gets in he almost immediately comes over to you and takes off your headphones, "look at me" mick says softly
you just place your head in your hands out of frustration
"come here" mick says pulling you into his chest
"mick i love you but i'm going to hit you if you don't let me go" you say it so only he can hear
"okay i'm sorry, do you need me to get guenther?"
"please"
mick runs off and grabs guenther, he sits on the pitwall next to you and sees your state, "y/n you can go" guenther says quite sternly
"i'm gone" you say calmly getting out of the chair and heading to the paddock to cool off, you don't have anything on you besides a watch and your pass, so you leave the paddock.

you find a secluded little place and you sit down with your head in your knees, you waste hours here and you don't realise how much time you've actually wasted.

you hear a car pull up behind you but think nothing of it and stay where you are until you feel a presence beside you so you look up, "lew?"
"why are you here?"
"i got too angry and i needed time"
"yeah almost 6 hours, you had most the grid fucking terrified"
"fuck" you say burying your head back into your knees "did you tell them yet?"
"i have and i'm sorry"
"can i just run and say you didn't find me it was a mistake?"
"y/n i can't do that to mick"
"i don't want to see him" you look at lewis with tears in your eyes
"would you like to stay with me?"
"if it's not too much, but just let me message or send a voice note to a group chat of the drivers so they know i'm okay"
"yeah we have a whatsapp"
"wait that's true..?" your eyes light up
"yeah it's great"
"can you sit in the car while i do this?"
"yeah but if you try run away with my phone i will come chase you" lewis says slightly laughing which makes you smile
"i won't i promise" you starts talking on a voice note "i don't know who is searching for me but if you are i'm safe and if you have no clue who i am just ignore this but i'm staying with lewis and i am okay, and well.
pierre and charles i haven't done anything stupid i swear... mick im sorry."

you get into the car with teary eyes and you hand back lewis's phone, "are you alright?"
"can we just get back i am super tired"
"yeah, i think you should know there's articles of you leaving"
"i don't care"
"okay"
lewis drives back in silence and when you get to the hotel a lot of the drivers are hanging out in the lobby, "lewis i can't"
"i will tell them not to come near, don't worry"
"okay"

951 words