coffee

"guenther can we talk in private?"
"yeah" guenther says leading you towards a quiet, private space.
"so my dad passed a few days ago and i really just want to go back to the hotel and sleep"
"i will get someone to pitwall for mick that's okay, you go get some sleep"
"thank you" you both hug and you find mick telling him your leaving.

when leaving the paddock you get papped 'y/n why are you leaving? are you not doing pitwall?' 'has something happened?' you decide to stop and talk to them "i look like hell because i just lost my dad, and right now i just want to sleep. both my team boss and the driver i work for has allowed me to go home, so that i'm in better mindset for practice 3 and qualifying tomorrow." and with that you leave and hop into the cab you called.

when you get to the hotel you change into comfier clothes and sleep until 5am and mick isn't next to you, you check your phone but he's staying with seb tonight because he didn't want to disturb you, you change into your clothes for the day and decide to go on a walk at 5 am bringing your headphones along.

i walk for an hour before i see a dimly lit store which turns out to be a small cafe which opened early, you enter getting a coffee and a muffin

you sit down at a table and just listen to music until you get a call.
"hey mick what's up?"
"where are you? your not in the room?"
"i went on a walk? to a bakery i'm safe. you forgot you could track me"
"ooh yeah uh i see that now, are you going to meet me at the track?"
"yeah i'll make my own way there"
"okay see you later pups"
"see you later love"
with that you hang up but you see messages off a group chat with charles ands pierre saying,

charles
'hey mick texted are you okay? where are you?'
'mick said you were at a bakery, do you want either of us to come down?'

pierre
'y/n?'

you
'guys i'm fine i'm just listening to music in a cafe there's no need to worry, if you want to join me i will ping you my location'

pierre
'i'll join you in a minute im just getting out of training, be there in 10'
you

you set down your phone continuing to drink your coffee and finish your muffin, once your done with both you hear a familiar voice "helloo sorry i took longer than i thought"
"do you want a coffee pierre?"
"i'll get one myself, i'll be a second" pierre goes to get a coffee but a fan spots him and sees you two together. a good 20 minutes later paps show up and photograph both you and pierre when you are leaving to head to the track early as pierre has meetings.

"y/n if any bad press comes out of this we have a valid reason to be together"
"i know i just hope it doesn't get too out of hand"
"me too, trust me"
the rest of the ride you talk about various stuff trying to avoid thinking about the things people might say seeing you two together.

when you arrive on track you get greeted by charles and he walks you to haas "are you feeling any better today?"
"somewhat... i haven't checked the bandages so i have no clue how they are holding up"
"can i take you to a medic, seriously"
"nope, can i tell you something?"
"yeah for sure"
you whisper to charles "i did more...it got too much and i did more"
"oh y/n..." charles hugs your from the side "y/n they might be infected or too deep to heal"
"and i will deal with them myself, i'm okay charles"
"i trust you but if they get worse i'm carrying you to that medic"
"and how would you know?"
"i would just hug you and if you wince im carrying you"
"didn't think of that"
you talk the rest of the way down to haas and meet guenther, you chat about how your doing and many things about practice and quali.

fp3 goes well and the car is good.

it's now qualifying and you kiss mick then head to the pitwall, "all good?"
"yep, loud and clear pups"
"good good"
Q1 goes well both k.mag and mick gets through.
Q2 k.mag gets out but mick barely gets through getting p10
Q3 mick gets p9

"mick that's p9, good job"
"not my best but i'll take it"
"come back so i can give you a big hug please"
you see micks helmet camera nod and you smile.

mick comes back into the pits and gives you the biggest hug ever after taking his helmet off, you proceed to go over corners where he was weak, he seemed generally invested as he wanted to win this one. you head back to the hotel with mick and for the rest of the night you and mick cuddle and watch movies on the big screen before you fall asleep and mick turns off the tv and sleeps too.

889 words