bruised

you chat until mick needs to get into race focus, you sit on pitwall waiting for micks radio call. guenther comes to sit on pitwall and asks you "is your leg okay y/n?"
"ah yeah the doctor said i just need to redress them often so that they don't get infected"
"i saw your statement, it didn't seem true"
your face drops "can we talk about this later? i don't feel like it right now.."
"that's okay but tell me sooner rather than later"
"i will don't worry" you and guenther nod before you hear mick chime up on the radio
"we all okay on pitwall?"
"yep, just talking strats"
"good good"

you mainly see little hiccups and rivalry's which you point out to mick.

lap 19
"mickey look out for zhou behind you, he's gaining with slip stream"
"aware, i can see him in my mirrors"
"copy"

lap 38
"good overtake mick, you've got george ahead and bottas behind"
"is he okay?"
"bottas's car is loosing pace, he is okay"
"good."

lap 51
"mickey max has gone off and clipped leclerc, your now p4"
"oh shit are they all good?"
"from what i know yes, leclerc restarted but max is out"
"laps?"
"uh 10 more to go, give it your all"
"got it"

lap 56
"mick leave space"
"i am but he's smashing me into the side!"
"push him back but be careful"
mick tries to gain back space but checo isn't budging.
"checo mooove man!"
"mick just wait" mick waits and pulls back
"shit shit shit locking" micks wheel locks in the tightest corner, you watch micks camera and see him smash straight off into a wall
"mick are you okay?"
"yeah fuck man he gave me no space what the hell" you see mick trying to get out but he struggles "my chest is heavy"
"wait for the medics, the car isn't flashing or showing any visible leaks"
"fuck it" mick clambers out of the car but immediately regrets it and you see him clutch his stomach, he slides down the nearest barrier and takes off his helmet allowing him to breathe.

"guenther the fia surely has to flag perez for that..?"
"they will look at it... it's being investigated" guenther says pointing at the fia screen.
"can i go to the medics, please"
"go i need to know he's okay too"
you rush off the pitwall and down to the medics luckily it isn't far.

"where is mick?"
"on the room to my left"
"thank you" you walk into the room and see mick being checked up on by april. you stand in the doorway until you say "hey april"
"ah hey, micks stomach is bruised badly and i think that we should get him in for scans"
"i agree, can i come with, in the ambulance?"
"you should be able to yeah, you can come in you know?"
"sorry yeah i just didn't want to hurt him more"
"he's a fighter, hes alright. i'm going to go and get an ambulance"
"thank you"

april leaves and you pull up the little stool to be beside mick, "hey mickey"
"hm hey"
"we are going to the hospital for a checkup, and you can't say no because doctors orders"
"yeah yeah i know, i do listen sometimes"
"you scared the crap out of me, even guenther sounded scared"
mick laughs a little but winces in pain "ah ow dont me laugh"
"not my fault! but i'm sorry"
you both chat until april comes back and helps mick onto the ambulance stretcher and getting him safely into the ambulance, you follow behind making sure it's okay to go.
you hold your head in your hands all the way to the hospital, mick goes in for scans and all you can do is wait. you get a call off guenther asking how is mick and what we can tell the fia. "i'm not sure he's getting scans but it's looking good, just bruising on the ribs that's all"
"that's okay i will tell the fia that so teams or press wont worry us after"
"good idea.. ah micks doctors are here i will call you later"

"everything good?"
april chimes back "yep, he's just got bruising on his chest luckily, we would like if you could put this onto the bruising every night as it will keep down the bruising" april hands over a cream, you read it before saying "good job dare i say, where's mick?"
april chuckles before saying "he's being wheeled back, i was just in the scan room but wanted to tell you before he got back"
you smile at april as she leaves, minutes later mick comes back and you get retold the information before you wave the cream at the doctors, they just explain it to mick then leave letting mick be discharged.

"you got a good job huh?"
"hey i said that to april!"
"hah of course you did, we need to leave, our planes in like 5 hours?"
"yeah 5 hours"
"that's enough time for you to take it slow mick"
"i know"

you go back to the hotel with mick and pack up the bags, you make mick just sit down not allowing him to help.
"y/n i feel useless! let me do something..." he pleads
"no cute voice on me you need to rest"
"i think i can handle packing"
"nope just let me do it please"
"fine" mick goes on his phone and stops whining

919 words