winning

the doctors have cleared you and your now getting ready to leave the hospital.

the one outfit mick picked was comfortable as hell

the one outfit mick picked was comfortable as hell. a black tank top, some cargos, a slouchy cardigan and your favourite pair of vans. when leaving the hospital you pick up the medicine prescribed to you, but when you leave the hospital paps are waiting outside to catch you and mick. you cover your eyes from the light coincidently blocking your face, mick pulls you closer and sits you in the car then talks to the media. once mick is done he hops into the car driving off carefully.

when at the track you just stay in the haas garage for most of the day working on whatever you can, when it's time for the race you give mick a kiss and head over to the pitwall to where guenther is, he chats about tyre strats until you hear mick chime up on the radio.
"am i all good?"
"yessir"
"okay good" with that you focus on the screens making sure everything is good with the car.
"mick everything's in order the car is good and i hope your ready to win"
"i am so ready pups"
"be safe" with that the race lights chimed and they ping off, "great start mick"

mick flies through corners until it's time to pit, "mick it's your pit window"
"next lap and i'll be in"
"copy" you let the mechanics know and they set up camp waiting for mick, the pit stop goes smoothly from softs to hard tyres. pit time was 2.7. when narrowing it down to the last few laps mick really picks up the pace and is now in p4.
"cmon mick you got this, one last push and your on the podium"
"i'll do my best" low and behold the last lap he overtook lewis who was in third and raced down the last straight getting himself his first podium "yes mick! p3! p3 well done!"
"haha yes!"
"i'll be waiting for you"
"i'm hugging you first hands down" when it's allowed you put down your headset and run to the barriers to where teams are allowed to stand, guenther helps you get to the front. when mick hops out of his car he straight lines towards you, you two share the tightest hug before mick let's go and hugs the rest of his team and guenther. you watch him walk off as he gets weighted and does interviews, when it comes to the podium you literally cannot stop smiling and neither can mick.

you wait in micks driver room for him to be done with media and everything. you hear the door click open and you immediately stand up leaping yourself at mick, you kiss attack him before he attacks you back gently placing you on the bed.
"ahh stop stop!" you say inbetween laughing
"i don't want to but not here"
"mhm hotel? now?"
"please let me get out of this champagne drenched suit, plus i want to shower too i feel sticky"
"and by attacking me you have transferred the champagne feeling onto me, i might have to shower too"
"oh yeah?"
"mhm" you let mick get out of the race suit catching glances at him whenever you can.

you get back to the hotel, as soon as you get into the room you start undressing to get in the shower, mick does the same.

573 words