pain

your alarm goes off making you get up and get ready, micks already gone because he's training as practice one and two are today.

you decide to head to the track early and do some some strategy things before mick arrives

"helloo"
"hi y/n, are you feeling better?" guenther chimes back
"yeah! i slept a lot after you called me"
"good, have you overlooked anything?"
"yes and i think we should change this..." you and guenther chat a little before practice one, you stop when mick comes down so you can chat to him about it. once your done chatting to mick you kiss him and head your way to the pitwall.

"can you hear me?"
"loud and clear pups"
"okay good"
you and mick don't talk for a long while until micks camera shows the driver ahead going into a wall pretty harshly, mick chimes up, "are they okay?"
"i'm not sure yet let me check" minutes for by and nothing pops up, so you pull up your phone getting sky sports up.
"mick it was george, he's out and seems to be okay"
"okay good"
mick does a few laps before something shows up wrong
"mick you need to pit something in the car is overheating"
"heading in"

he heads into the pits and thank god he did, mick can't head out for the rest of practice due to a problem in the car, which is frustrating.
"mick you can't, the car will literally set on fire if you go out"
"arghh why did we not check this!"
"they probably did but the car needed to be running for it to be flagged"
"where can i do better?" he says sounding deafeated.
you and mick overlook data until practice is over and sort where mick can do better on the corners until you get a call from charles, "one second mick" you say walking out of the garage "what's up?"
"can you come to my driver room?"
"uh yeah i can? is anyone else with you?"
"pierre is"
"okay... this is suspicious but yeah i'll come"

you knock on charles driver door and you get greeted by charles opening the door and hugging you, you decide to sit on the floor next to pierre and hug him, while charles sits on his bed.
"why am i here?"
"we are going to talk about people who we've lost"
before you can escape pierre talks "i'll go first"
"i lost my best friend, and it felt like hell when i lost him, but he made me the driver i am today"
"anthoine, right?"
"yeah it was, accident at spa a few years back..."
you just place your hand on pierre's knee while charles talks "i lost my dad and someone who i saw as a brother..." charles speaks so highly of them both making you cry a bit, when charles is done he nods towards you to speak.
"uhm i lost my dad a few days ago... fuck i can't believe he's gone" pierre hugs you and you continue talking about your dad some good some bad, it felt good to say this to some who isn't family.
"do you feel better?" charles softly says
"actually yeah i do... thank you"
"we all need someone to fall back onto y/n"
pierre's phone rings and he leaves the room, leaving you and charles alone.
"did mick tell you i locked myself in my room when i found out?"
"do you want to talk about it?"
"actually yeah... mick came into my room like a few hours after i found out and he tried to hug me and i just punched him... then i locked myself in the bathroom and i did something"
"y/n can i know what you did?"
you start to cry "i cut myself"
"...where?" charles kneels down infront of you
"my stomach so mick couldn't see.." you lift up your top showing bandages adorning your stomach, some more bloodied than others.
"y/n you should see a medic"
"no i can sort them myself"
"can we atleast redress them? some of them look soaked with blood" you nod at charles but he stops before you take off your jacket. "y/n i don't feel right doing this.. id rather mick do it"
"charles, just leave and i'll do them myself. if you want send up pierre if he's okay with it"
"i'll see, just stay put i'll come up with a first aid kit" with that charles leaves the room and you stay seated on the floor completely zoned out until he comes back.

"y/n?" that wasn't charles voice "it's mick"
"great charles told you"
"told me what?"
"ooh shit... uh nothing" you both sit in silence until charles comes back with a first aid kit and mick looks at it very confused.
"you haven't told him yet?"
"fuck it" you pull up your top up showing mick your bandages, mick looks shocked.
"i'm going to leave this here but be quick we have got practice two in like an hour and a bit, message me when you leave"
"thanks charles" mick says.
mick gets you up placing you on charles bed and he takes off your jacket and top, he doesn't say a word he just undoes the bandages and cleans them up placing a new one on, once's he's done he puts your top and jacket back on. you felt numb.
"mick i just want to sleep"
"that's okay just let me message charles and see if you can sleep here"
"no i want to go back to the hotel..."
"that's okay aswell, we need to tell guenther"
"i'll tell him about my dad and everything, he is my boss he deserves to know"
"okay let's get you to the garage"
you messages charles that your out of your room and with that you carefully make your way towards haas.

984 words