pitwall

you open the front door and corrina comes and hugs you straight away, "honey, ohh your alright! mick had us so worried"
"i'm okay, i just want to sleep it's pretty late"
"micks in his bedroom but if you don't want to face him take my room"
"thank you" you say walking away towards corrinas room.

you fall asleep quickly but get woken up by someone stroking your head, "how are you feeling?" says corrina
"better... what time is it?"
"8am, mick keeps asking for you but i keep saying you need space"
"thank you.."
"honey what is up though?"
"i'm mentally stuck, and my anxiety has gotten worse"
you hear a creak coming from the door and you see mick looking guilty, corrina looks at mick then at you but you just say, "it's okay, mick go to your room i'll be there in a second"
mick just nods and walks away.

"are you sure?"
"mum.. i'll be fine"
"if you need me to come and kick some sense into mick i will"
"hah no he will just listen.."
"he better" you and corrina laugh for alittle before you stumble out of bed and into micks room, you see him sat on the edge of the bed with his head in his hands, you go over and just pull his head into your chest.
"i'm here, i'm sorry for scaring you"
"i heard what you said to mum, and i'm sorry for not being there" mick says releasing from your grasp and looking at you
"you have, i just haven't been clear with my emotions.." you say grabbing and clearing micks face of tears
"we need to get ready for the last race, we need to be there by tomorrow"
"that's okay, ah omg we get to put up decorations after the last race!"
"yeah?"
"good, i love christmas"
"of course you do"

you and mick just lie down and cuddle for awhile before you both get up and go home to pack for abu dhabi.

you and mick arrive on track ready for fp1, you head straight to haas and put on some headphones just looking at data

"pups?"
"hm mick what's up?" you take off your headset and place them on the table then facing mick.
"i'm going to get in my race suit, and thought you could come with for a second"
"yeah okay" you grab micks hand and he leads you to his driver room, you immediately flop onto his bed facing the ceiling.

"this is not what i was expecting"
"mick i'm so tired just shhhhhh"
"you did not just shhh me!"
"no no no mick!" you say as he lies right on top of you, "oof mickey"
mick scoots off of you but you just lie straight ontop of him has payback.
"ah this is much more comfortable" mick says snaking one hand around your waist and the other messing with your hair.
"hm agreed"

at least 20 minutes pass and someone knocks on the door and announces that mick needs to be in the garage and that they can't find me and i'm needed.
"fuuuuuck"
"y/n language, but i need to actually get into my race suit"
you gently get off mick and get his race suit and fireproofs, mick sits up and you sit on his lap then you kiss him hard before leaving the room.

"y/n! something isn't right with the car"
"okay, give me everything you've got"
"the ice unit is brand new but it isn't firing up or doing its job"
"okay take the covers off and please make sure everything is cool, i really don't want to burn myself again..."
the covers on the car gets taken off and you can't find a physical problem so you fire up the car, you see the problem and set the mechanics on the job.

you turn around and see mick just sat staring at you, "how long have you been there?"
"since you were bossing people about"
"ouch, we need to get you out on the track immediately to make sure that we have fixed the car"
"just come here please"
you scoot closer and inbetween micks legs, he just hugs you tightly.

"squish"
"hmm?"
"you should sit out fp1, you are tired"
"nope, no! mick i'm fine just get ready to race this beautiful car.. which i fixed"
"i'm going to get focused"
"i'll be on pitwall"
you let go of mick and head straight on pitwall putting on headphones.

"mick?"
"everything's good"
"okay, do plan A and then box"
"yep"

mick sets off and gets good data but stays below the points, "mickey, box box"
"but plan A?"
"screw it come in"
mick does as you asks and angrily heads to you on pitwall, "what the fuck?"
"it wasn't giving us what we need, and please don't sass me"
"i thought it was going good..?"
"i'm making a new plan, just run the mediums as we would in plan A"
"yeah okay." mick tries to leave but you grab his arms before he goes which stops him.
"ay please, speak your mind"
"i need this"
"i know and we will"
you let mick go and he gets back into the car and straight on the track when the tyres are fitted and heated.

"mick fast car behind"
you see the comms flicker but no words spoken

fp1 ends and mick doesn't bother to run the last few minutes due to enough data collected, you two sit on pitwall for a few minutes just chatting, you end up both agreeing on heading back to micks driver room and sleeping.

945 words