flight

you get up and ready, not disturbing mick, you sit at the hotel desk on your laptop overlooking footage from micks crash

you feel two arms drape around your neck, "good morning"
"hi" you say softly
"why are you looking at that?"
"i just needed to analyse it, something about it is wrong"
"it was just a break fault which is being fixed, it's okay"
"your wrist"
"it's fine look" mick moves his wrist around in circles and it's completely fine, you see that he is okay and you sink your head into his arms for comfort.
"our flights in 3 hours we need to leave"
"i know i packed at like 3am because i couldn't sleep"
"you could have woke me up, i don't care if it's for a stupid reason..."
"you need your sleep, but if i really need you i will wake you up"
you hear knocking on the door so you go investigate, you look through the peep hole and see charles with a red face like he'd been crying, you immediately open the door and hug him.
"charles what's up?"
"i really miss him"
"do you wanna go back to your room to talk? mick needs to pack"
"yeah okay" charles says as you wipe away his tears and you leave to go to his room, you two chat for 20 minutes until you get a text from mick saying that we might miss the flight if we both dont leave right now.

"charles i need to go... do you want to come with us or do you think you will be okay going to monaco on your own?"
"pierre is coming with me then he's driving back to france"
"okay that's good, call him for me?"
"can you call me after you get home?"
"yeah i can, you will probably be home before me so be patient"
you get charles phone and unlock it and you ring pierre to come to the hotel room now, "for once it's not me you need to comfort" you say which makes charles smile
"truly a miracle"
"oi im not sad all the time yknow, you lot just catch me when im going insane"
"yeah right"
"pierre come get this loser and hug the life out of him he's annoying me"
"im coming right now"
"thank you love you" you say without realising
"love?"
"my bad but i do love you two lots but i have to seriously go"
"love you too y/n" with that pierre hangs up and you leave charles to pack.

the flight was okay, mick seemed not himeself but you just ignored it until you got home.
you immediately ring charles and lock yourself in your bathroom "charles?... are you feeling better?"
"why is it echoing? where even are you?"
"you are currently on the bathroom counter and i am laid on the floor"
"locked yourself in?"
"yup"
"same"
"charles marc hervé percival leclerc ! are you copying me..?"
"yes love i am"
"your not gonna live that down are you?"
"i am not"
"okay talk, what's up?"
charles chats about jules, anthoine and his dad, just sweet little memories of them. it was super cute.
"your turn"
"nope"
"i just spilled my heart out you ass!"
"yeah and i've got shit to do.."
"what to do mick"
"charles leclerc! no! or maybe who knows but my god you are a child... i'm leaving, bye charrllesss" you hang up and you lie on the floor for a while before mick gently knocks on the door, you sit up and start coughing due to breathing in cold air, you can hear mick panicing before you say "i'm okay, just haven't moved in a while"
"jesus y/n i though you died.. where are the drugs your were talking about?"
"what do you mean?"
"when you said you wanted to die you told me there was a stash of painkillers.. where are they"
"if you stop being so hostile in your tone i might show you"
"sorry i just really don't want to loose you okay"
you unlock the door and you wave a little bag of medicine in front of mick, he gently takes them from your grasp and immediately goes outside and bins them, he comes back and just sits with you on the bathroom floor with your head under his chin.

you get up and mick follows you into the bedroom, you snake your arms under micks jumper and take it off him and then immediately you put it on.
"hah it's so big on you"
"it's comfy"

you snuggle under the covers then mick joins you, you both fall asleep pretty quickly as it was late

you wake up at 4am because of a nightmare, and as promised you wake up mick.
"mick... mickeeyy"
"hmm what's up?"
"you said to wake you if i feel bad" you say sitting up
"nightmare?" mick joins you and leans again the back board of the bed
"yeah.."
"care to talk about it?"
"it was you in a crash but you didn't make it out" mick immediately pulls you in for a hug which you love, but his death keeps replaying which makes you cry.
"hey hey i'm still here alright... i will be here forever"
"can i go sit outside alone for a minute..?"
"sure, i'll join you in 10 minutes.. i'll make us some tea"
"okay" you get up and grab a blanket off the sofa, you sit on a sun bed which is in the garden and you admire the sky.

minutes pass and mick comes out with two teas, "there you go"
"thank you mick" you say gently grabbing the mug, you sit in silence for a long time which lets you be alone in your head but not alone in the real world.
"mick?"
"yeah?"
"are you okay? you look tense"
"i'm okay just a little sore from the crash, but i'm okay i just need a warm shower to not seize up"
"go now, i'll be okay out here"
"you sure?"
"i might go for a walk.."
"go for it, when you get back i'll be in full chef mode"
"hah cute" you both head inside and go your separate ways, you get changed into casual wear as your just walking.

1051 words