heartbeat

it's the thursday morning and you have just landed in mexico, you head straight to the hotel and sleep before you have to be on track.

you wake up to mick gently drawing shapes on your stomach, "good morning pups"
"hi, are we late?"
"a little but ive called guenther and he's given us an hour extension"
"so we best get going?"
"yes"
you get out of bed and get dressed, so does mick.

you wake up to mick gently drawing shapes on your stomach, "good morning pups" "hi, are we late?" "a little but ive called guenther and he's given us an hour extension""so we best get going?""yes"you get out of bed and get dressed, so does mick

you arrive on track and you are so sleepy, you get asked to sit in the car again to rev the engine while mick does his driver conference.

mick gets back and panics a little because he sees you asleep with ear defenders on, he gently shakes you which wakes you up, you take off the headphones and you smile at mick.
"i'm okay"
"you look tired"
"i didn't sleep well earlier"
"okay come on" mick says helping you out of the car, when you are about to jump off mick chimes up, "put your legs around me and i'll carry you"
you do as mick says and straddle him , he carries you to his driver room and he kisses you just before he places you on the bed.
mick lies next to you and you cuddle up to him falling asleep.

you wake up to mick not being there so you go for a walk.
you head to redbull to go see how max is doing, "hi maxiee"
"hey! are you alright?"
"can i get a redbull?"
"yeah, come with me" max says leading you to a fridge full of redbulls, "anything else?"
"i just wanted to see what you were up to.. i just sat and slept in micks seat for like an hour while you lot were doing that conference"
"your really living the dream" max says slightly laughing
"give me a second someone's calling... hey, yeah i'm good."

you answer the phone to guenther and you leave the redbull compound and walk the paddock while on the phone.

you get back to the garage and the mechanics are asking you shit loads of questions, "one at a time! i cannot think"
"the data speaks for itself"
you look over at the laptop and everything is cold even though the engine is on, "okay take the covers off and just pray it's not what i think it is"
"you heard her!"
you examine the car and you literally don't see anything, you touch a pipe and it's burning hot.
"ow fuck, one of the diagnostic sensors has probably just failed.. reprogrammed it and test it again"
at this moment mick sees you walking out of the garage and he follows you.

"what did you do?"
"i touched at hot pipe and burned my hand a little"
"only you could do that"
"i just didn't think, that's all"
you head to medics where they run your hand under cold water for a little before carefully bandaging up your palm, as it was the worst hit.

"are you okay?"
"mickey i'm okay, an honest mistake i swear"
"i don't have anything else to do today.. do you want to go get some dinner?"
"mickey i need to stay on track though"
"fuck, i can bring dinner to us just be in my driver room when i tell you, and find a show"
"okay, thank you"

mick heads off as you head back to the garage to finalise some things, you always get asked to sit in the car because you can hear differences in the engine, as you are sat in micks seat you get a texts off mick that he's got the food and is coming back.

mickey <3

hey i've got the food and about to head back.

currently sat in your car, not sure when i can get out the team need me

can they not spare you for 30 minutes?

not sure, eat in the garage?

i'll call you and make it sound urgent

okay mickey

he calls you and you make it seem like there's a family emergency, you ask to get out of the car and you hop out carefully then head to micks driver room.

"sneaky getaway i see"
"you just made me lie to have dinner with you"
"and you did it so you must love me a lot"
"too right"
you two eat the take out mick bought and you lie down feeling absolutely stuffed, "if i move i might throw up"
"don't move then" mick chimes up
"but we need to go back to the hotel"
"why?"
"comfy and i want to cuddle"
"okay so then let's go" mick says putting on his backpack and picks you up bridal style.
"mickey ah jesus"
"let's goooooo"

mick carry's you all the way to the car, as it's considerably late there is barely any media around.

you two get back to the hotel and you get changed and fall asleep listening to micks heart beat.

827 words