fire

it's race day but something feels completely off, like something is going to go horribly wrong. you brush this feeling off and get ready for the day, you wear a comfy outfit just in case you have to run.

 you brush this feeling off and get ready for the day, you wear a comfy outfit just in case you have to run

you both head off to the track and to the team meeting talking strategy and other things. you and mick head off to his driver room, mick gets ready while you sit on your phone. you see an article saying 'is y/n cheating?'
"mick"
"mhm?"
"when i was at the bakery me and pierre got papped and there's an article questioning whether im cheating on you"
"well... are you?" mick jokingly questions
"mick! no i am not!" you hit mick and smile at him "you idiot no, i love you not pierre"
"you just said it"
"said wha... ooh it's true though i do love you"
"i love you too" mick leans down kissing you, you reach for micks zip and zip up his race suit.

"you've gotta race" you say pulling away from the kiss and running out of the driver room.
"oh you can't do that get back here!"
you now start running away from mick until he catches up to you without you realising, you turn around thinking you lost him but mick was right there and he picks you up onto his shoulder.
"ow ow mick! mick my stomach put me down" mick let's you down and holds your face.
"shit shit i'm so sorry are you okay"
"hah loser you fell for it" you say running out of his grip and bolting towards the garage.

you sit down on a seat waiting for mick to arrive
"you idiot! you could have actually been hurt"
"oh no it did hurt but i saw an opportunity"
"i'm taking you to a medic after this race"
"make me"
"i will, but after the race"
you two kiss before you head off to the pitwall and mick hops into the car.

micks starting off on softs then mediums.
"hellooo" mick chimes up on the radio
"hi love, you ready?"
"yep"
"good"

first lap goes smoothly, mick uses all the reviewing you did yesterday and does a better lap time than in qualifying.
lap 18 is where it all goes wrong, the issue from friday has come back yet worse than ever.
"mick you need to pit, the car is overheating"
"i just went past them, can we last a lap?"
"i don't know mick be careful"
the car didn't last a lap, it started to set fire on turn 11. you now start to panic over the radio
"mick are you okay?!"
"i'm okay!"
the car comes to a stop on gravel and sets a flame, all you can see on the tv pod is flames so you switch to helmet cam and see mick clambering out of the flames, you breathe out a breath you didn't even know you were holding. you look towards guenther and he nods letting you run to the medics.

your bolting it towards the medics and your stomach starts to hurt but you push past it.
"is mick here?"
"in the room to the left"
"thank you" you run into the room and hug mick immediately.
"oh my god your okay"
"hey hey i'm fine the fire suit saved my ass" you smile at each other until the pain hits you.

"mick my stomach is in obscene amounts of pain" you say before literally passing out on mick.
"i need a medic!" mick picks you up, placing you onto the bed and lifting up your jumper so the doctors can see why you passed out, the doctors work on you until you wake back up and they administer you some medicine to help with the pain, "i'm sorry mick" you say breathing heavily from the stinging
"your all good pups, just squeeze my hand if it hurts like hell"
you do so and mick puts his other hand to yours, luckily the medication kicks in soon and the pain isn't as bad as it was.

once your all stitched up and bandaged you just lie facing the ceiling.
"miickk can you get me some water?"
"yeah give me a second"
mick leaves and you sit up carefully scrunching your face when it stings, you and try stand up but before you can mick comes back.
"y/n omg!" mick places the water on the side and stands infront of you blocking you from getting up "are you stupid!"
"yep." you and mick both laugh "mick i'm okay jesus, if i got this far why can't i just stand"
"as long as you hold onto me if you need me"
"mhm" you stand up wincing but once your up your okay, breathing hurts a little but it's not too bad "see i'm okay"
the doctors walk in and clear both of us to leave as long as i redress the wound before i go to bed.

you and mick get a car back to the garage and meet with guenther making sure we are both okay, you both watch the rest of the race from the garage. it's a ferrari 1-2, charles p1, carlos p2 and lewis p3 you tell mick that your going to go see pierre about that article and he allows it, you wander your way over to alpha tauri carefully and spot pierre "pierre we need to talk..."
"the article?"
"shit you've seen it"
"i'm always on my phone, also you sent it to me..?"
"oh yeah..! anyways if you get any media on it please say that we were having a friendly chat and what not"
"was planning on doing that anyways"
"well good..."
"i saw you run off pitwall when i was pitting, is your stomach okay?"
"well, funny thing... i passed out hugging mick because i ran too much"
"y/n you idiot!" pierre says jokingly punching your arm
"i wanted to see mick!"
"god you two are so in love"
you blurt out "we said i love you to eachother, well i said it on absolute accident but mick said it back so i guess it's all good"
"i hope you meant it otherwise i'm sticking up for mick"
"i meant it! please don't beat me up" you say throwing up your hands backing up from pierre
"don't worry, but charles is off podium i think you should say to him that he doesn't have to carry you to a medic anymore..."
"he told you that..?"
"yeah he told me that he'd do that and i said that i would do it too"
"of course you would" you pause then hug pierre and leave him be while heading to ferrari.

"charles!"
"what's up?"
"i went to the medic"
"oh thank god i didn't wanna carry you there"
"yeah no i only went to the medic because mick did and i passed out on mick so i had no choice"
"hah well done"
you hit charles on the arm "oi! i ran from haas all the way to the medics!"
"ow yeah no that's far jesus no wonder you passed out"
"anyways i've got to go"
"oh! y/n i have an apartment here and i'm having a few friends over, you and mick could come if you don't feel too bad"
"send me the address and i will be there"
with that you leave charles alone and head back to micks driver room to chill out.

1252 words