the race

when we get back to the hotel i steal a pair of shorts from micks bag while he's in the bathroom and start getting changed

your about to get into the bed before mick leaves the bathroom in his pjs, he decided to sleep early with you as he was pretty drained too, "are those my shorts?"
"yep and you can't complain" you quickly get under the covers before mick can attack you
"who said i was going to complain" mick gets under the covers too but it's too late because as soon as your head hit the pillow you were out.

you wake up quickly at 2am, you woke up due to having a panic attack over your dream. mick wakes up because he was cuddling you and felt you jolt out of his arms sitting up muttering the words "i can't breathe"
mick turns on a light sitting up next to me "okay okay look at me, deep breaths in and out okay"
you nod your head and follow micks instructions. once you've calmed down you feel embarrassed and cover your face "hey? why are you doing that?"
"that's the first time you've had to do that with me since... yeah"
"hey i'm just glad i was here okay?"
"mhm me too, i'm just going to get some air" you say getting up and out of bed and sitting on the balcony floor, a few moments later mick comes back with two jackets and chucks one over you
"hey! i was thinking"
mick sits down next to you, "well your going to get sick if you don't wear it"
"stop mothering me" you bicker
"well someone's gotta do it"
"true.. mick what are we?"
"friends? for now anyways"
"mhm that sucks"
"what do you mean?" mick says looking at you tilting his head
"nothing don't worry" you just sit in silence admiring the stars before heading back to bed because it was way too cold to sit out there for too long.

when getting dressed mick chucks one of his hoodies at you, you place it over your self and let it drop down, you stand up showing how ridiculously big it looked on you

"you look so cute"
"i looked like a cute drowned rat"
"that's one way to put it" you both laugh at the statement, you both pause for a bit then mick says "track?"
"yep"

"mickey?"
"what's up pups?"
"your getting points today alright.. i don't care how little, i just care how much i just want you to get them"
"i will try my best" when you arrive at the track guenther questions you about his offer.
you chime back saying "if i can use today as like a trial day of what it would be or where i would fit in best i think that would be the next best step in deciding"
"alright we can set that up"
"i did something with mercedes and they said i was good at checking all the mech issues and communications with the driver or other mechanics, which you've seen here too i guess"
"if there wasn't a race today i would have let you sit on pit wall to do communications for mick"
"shame i can do what i normally do and watch the screens and maybe be on pitwall?"
"surely multiple people can speak to me at once?"
"true... i will see what i can do" with that guenther walks away and you look towards mick
"omg i can make fun of you over the team radio"
"if you do that i think your only option will be mercedes"
"true... don't you need to go put on a race suit mister?" you say poking his chest
"yeah true"

when the race is near beginning you and guenther sit on the pitwall waiting for the formation lap and for all cars to let free to race, guenther talks you through the buttons and how to talk and do certain things on the pit wall you chime to mick "can you hear me?"
"yep loud and clear"
"good just testing" guenther says he has to leave the pit wall and if you need anything ask the people surrounding you.

lap one goes well a little wheel hit with mick and daniel but nothing bad. it's now lap 18 nearly halfway through and this is micks pit window, you tell mick to "box, box after this lap, going on mediums"
"clear"
once mick gets in and has a good pit stop, 2.8 seconds. lap 38, "the cars loosing grip"
"i know, take it easy on the corners but beware of albon behind."
"yep" you watch the screen intently when mick does a sick overtake on alonso "good one mick"
"woo!"
lap 44 mick crosses the finish line p6 baby, and he has the fastest lap time set this race!
"p6 mick, that's p6! and you got the fastest lap on that last push lap well done!"
"woo! hell yeah thank you y/n"
"your the one driving, it's all you. now come back so the team can hug the hell out of you!"

857 words