hurt

you sit on the front step and wait for arthur, he eventually comes out and you just walk

arthur takes you to a quiet spot and arthur just hugs you which makes you cry a little, "hey dips it's okay... this is the place me and charles used to come to after karting"
you just look out to the scenery and hug arthur tighter, you stay there for an hour before arthur gets a call.

"hey.. yeah she's alright.. charles is not okay? shit yeah we can come back"
"charles?"
"yeah.. are we alright to go back?"
"yeah"

you and arthur walk back and you immediately find the bathroom charles is in, "hey. can we do what we said about the other day?"
you hear shuffling behind the door and it suddenly unlocks, you enter and he immediately locks it behind you.
"have you done anything?" you say sitting on the counter
"no" charles leans against the door
"arthur took me to your secret after-karting place, it was really peaceful"
"god i forgot about that place..." charles stands inbetween your legs
"charles..." you say grabbing his cheek and clearing the tear stains from his face "hug?"
charles leans into your shoulder and you push yourself into charles letting him putting his weight on you.
"love, just let it all out.. "
charles smashes his hands down on the counter which alarms mick and he starts trying the door, "mick i'm fine, please stop that"
you hear mick and arthur muttering then charles turns back to you and puppy dog eyes you.
"charles what do you need?"
"a distraction.." he says and you move your head away from him taking yours hands off of his face.
"do you wanna go to the spot?"
"what?"
"you heard me... it's quiet there and we can scream, or we can go on a night drive"
"night drive then spot"
"yes please, i'm going to divert the boys and get them to sleep so they don't worry" you say quietly

you unlock the door and let charles lock it behind him, "is he okay?" arthur chirps up
"yeah he's just going to have a shower then go to bed so their no point waiting up"
"i'm so tired so i'm going to sleep, i'll keep my phone on ringer if anyone needs me" arthur says relieved, arthur leaves and you go to your bedroom, "mickey?"
"hmm?"
"are you alright?"
"yeah all is good i just want to cook something for charles"
"i'll help" mick tries to get up but you push him back down
"no no it's okay.. seriously, just sleep" you say and you kiss micks forehead
"no because your just going to sneak out again, i need you here.. and safe" you step back in caution and say "okay rude but i love you, and i won't leave you but i will be back here in an hour, get some sleep so we can go out tomorrow night"
"oh?..tomorrow is party night?"
"yeah? with the drivers in town"
"you better be done in an hour, or i'm storming the kitchen"
"yeah yeah" you say leaving and you see charles putting on some shoes "mick is suspicious we need to be back within an hour"
"stay here i'll call pierre, i'm sure he's still awake"
"are you sure?"
"yeah, i'll keep my location on for you and i'll make sure pierre does the same"
"okay be safe please..."
charles leaves and you flop onto the sofa, you don't realise but mick heard the front door and came to investigate.

"y/n?" mick says softly
"hmm wha"
"can i pick you up?"
"yeah" you say sleepily as mick scoops you up and carries you to the bedroom "thank you"
"do you need to get something off your chest?"
"my arms"
"what's up with them?"
you sit up and take off your hoodie which reveals the bandages adorning your arms
"do you want me to redress them?"
you nod and mick gets up and grabs the first aid kit.

he carefully unwraps the bandages and a looks at your arms for a minute before redressing them, "are you alright? you seem really distant?"
"just tired" you say
"okay let's get some sleep so we can party like hell tomorrow night"

755 words