Chapter 53: Ragecat! The birth of the Red Lantern!

The next day, you were in your alien form as SpiderMonkey and was tying up a few robbers attempting to break into the jewelry store once again. You were able to catch them with ease without any backup, not unless the situation was serious.

(Y/n): You know you two, the next time you think about robbing in the daylight with a hero around, try to not make it too flashy. 

Robber 1: Aw man, that it! Next time boys, we're heading to New Jersey.

Robber 2: I thought you said it wasn't a good idea to go to New Jersey.

Robber 3: And not to mention, it has bad traffic sign too.

Robber 1: Shut up!

You sigh as the police took them away and then you turned back to human. As you were walking home, you received a text message from Jess and opened it up.

Jess's message: Hey (Y/n)! Are you available right now?

You quickly texted back at your phone.

(Y/n)'s message: Yeah I am, right now I took down a bank robbery at the progress.

Jess's message: I see, glad you were okay, but do you still need back up?

(Y/n)'s message: I'm good. So what do you need me for?

Jess's message: Listen, I signed up for an Adoption day and I was hoping if you lend me a hand?

(Y/n)'s message: Hmmm, sure I got time. So, you want me to help you and this team to adopt some pets?

Jess's message: Why yes..!

(Y/n)'s message: Sure. Where do we meet?

Jess quickly wrote down the address of the location and you transformed into Xrl8 and went super fast to meet up with Jess who was wearing her animal adoption shirt.

Jess: Thanks (Y/n), *gives you a shirt* Take this.

(Y/n): Sure..! *takes it* So when does it starts?

Jess: Sooner than you think!

You and Jess went to the animal adoption known to be the Metropolis Animal shelter and a sign that said "Adopt a pet" Everyone else were preparing for the animal adopted care with so many decorations and everyone else all tired and probably not happy. You also met the man who was in charge of the animal shelter name Dewey.

Dewey: So you must be a new member for the volunteers?

(Y/n): Yes I am sir..!

Dewey: Alright then, let's get this over with..!

Dewey pick up the board and quickly made the roll call! Everyone gather around to listen to his announcements.

Dewey: All right, team, gather round. *sighs* Okay. So today, we're gonna try to beat last year's goal and get... *...shows three fingers* three pets adopted.