Night Cap?

Once we arrived back to the hotel, we said goodnight as we entered our separate rooms and I plugged my phone in to charge as I brushed my teeth, removed my make up and got changed into my shorts for bed. I heard my phone buzz from the side of the bed and figured one of them had left something in my room. What I wasn't expecting was how the next interaction would go.

Leah: Hey, you get back to your hotel okay?

Alex: Yeah I did, thanks for asking. Did you?

Leah: Not yet, I was wondering if you wanted to meet for a late night coffee or a last drink?

Alex: I would love to but I'm already changed for bed I'm sorry.

Leah: Not to worry, I'm just a little tipsy and I've missed you. I wish I'd stopped you on your way out earlier.

Alex: I have tea and coffee in my room here, if you wanted to come? Not in a seedy way, I've missed you too.

Leah: I thought you would never ask. Room number?

Alex: 481.

I looked around my room, making sure there were no scraps of paper from my song writing sitting about, I hated anyone seeing my songs before they were finished. I turned the tv on, flicking through Netflix to find something light for the background and ensured I had clean cups in the room. My heart was racing at the idea that Leah was coming to my hotel, I couldn't wait to hear her voice again.

Barely ten minutes later, there was a knock at my door. As I opened it, she smiled at me gently and whispered that she brought biscuits. I gestured here to come in, sitting on the chair beside the desk in my room. She sat on the end of my bed, kicking her shoes off before leaning back on her elbow and giggling to herself.

"What's so funny?" I said, raising my eyebrows at her.
"Just us, having our first fight earlier." She said, shaking her head from side to side.
"Our first fight? Are we going to have more?" I said, genuinely questioning why she thought that.
"Well, if this goes how I want to it go, then yes we will probably have some more fights from time to time but that's normal. You know?"

My ears couldn't believe what I was hearing. Was Leah insinuating that we would be a couple at some point? My face beamed red and my cheeks felt hot, I couldn't even hide my excitement at her words, all I could do was beam back at her across the room and hope she wouldn't disown me. I got up to make us a cup of tea each as Leah flicked through Netflix and found a film to put on. I didn't know what it was but I didn't care, Leah was here with me and in that moment I would've watched paint dry just to be with her.

I handed her the cup of tea and she held the packet of biscuits out to me, I took one and dunked it into my tea, earning me a loud hearty laugh from her as she placed her tea on the bedside table. I shrugged my shoulders and turned to walk back to the chair I had been sat on but her arms slinked around my waist once more.

"Where are you going?" She asked, delicately as I turned to face her, placing my tea beside hers.
"Nowhere, I'm not going anywhere." I responded, smiling at her as she pulled my body to stand in between her legs. I wrapped my arms around her neck and leaned down to kiss her, pulling her up to the top of the bed. I lay down beside her, resting my head on her chest as she played with my hair.

"I'm really glad you came, Leah." I reassured here, knowing I would want the same reassurance if I had been as brave as she had.
"Me too." She kissed the top of my head and pulled me as close as she could.

We watched the movie and drank the rest of our tea, accidentally sharing the entire packet of biscuits. The entire time was spent taking it in turns to be wrapped up in one another. Our hands intertwined, legs resting on top of each other and soft kisses every now and then. Leah spoke softly when the movie ended, her voice croaky from lying down and being comfortable.

"I should go and let you sleep, Alex. You have a gig tomorrow."
"Yeah. I guess. Can we do this again soon though?" I said, hopeful that she too was thinking about next time.
"I would like that, a lot." She said as she stroked my hair whilst getting off the bed.

This had been the best night of my life and I never wanted it to end. Watching Leah put her shoes on was making me feel both sad and lonely. I didn't want this night to end and I immediately felt cold and like this bed was too big for just me. As she leant down to say goodbye, pecking me twice on the lips I wrapped my arms around her waist and gently whispered "can you not just stay tonight?". Her eyes widened slightly, a small smile growing across her face.

"Do you really want that?" She asked, her tender nature sending fireworks through my chest as she vulnerably awaited my answer.

"Yes, of course I do. I don't want to waste another second without you." I said, knowing that after three meetings it was probably too soon to say I was falling for this girl but it was true. She made me feel so safe and felt like home, no matter where we were.

Without another thought, she pushed me back onto the bed and placed gentle kisses on my cheek, nose, forehead and lips. She stroked the top of my head and drew circles on my neck with her fingertips, sending shivers down my spine at her touch. She was still in her clothes from the night out so I got her some shorts and a baggy top to put on, she laughed as I tried not to look as she got changed, not wanting her to think that's why I wanted her to stay.

We got into bed, turned off the tv and the lights and both laughed as we tried to find each other under the covers. Leah found my hand first, intertwining her fingers in mine and slipping her other arm underneath my neck to cuddle me into her. She pulled my body towards her, lying on her side to close the gaps that may have come between us. Her leg moved between my knees and her lips once again brushed against mine, she spoke into my mouth before she kissed me, simply saying "I can't wait to see you again" before locking her lips onto mine in the most heartfelt kiss I have ever shared. I buried my head into her chest, slowly feeling her body relax as we both fell asleep, wrapped up in each other.