The Announcement

Leah and I spent the next few days enjoying family life, we felt no need to rush into telling the world about the arrival of Aoife until we had the chance to enjoy it together. We relied heavily on family to bring us things that we needed as the moment we were spotted with a pram, our story would be made public and we wanted to be the ones to do that. After five days of secrecy, we sat down to once again create posts that we would upload at the same time.

AlexRWilliamson:

Five days of being parents has taught us that love knows no limits. I thought my heart was full when I married Leah, then it created more room when I first laid eyes on bump.

My heart, once again, grew in size to allow more room for my beautiful daughter.

Aoife Amanda Williamson.

I will love, protect and cherish you for the rest of my life🤍

Leahwilliamsonn:

Of all the things I have watched you do, holding our daughter is my favourite.

Alex and I are proud beyond words to introduce our beautiful little girl, Aoife Amanda Williamson.

We have enjoyed life as a 3 (4 actually, can't leave Milo out) for the last few days but we wanted you guys to be able to meet her too.

We love you endlessly, Aoife 💞

— — — — —

Life with Leah and Aoife was the most perfect experience. We both enjoyed our time off together for as long as we could until I was scheduled to record for Spotify Sessions. The studio was in Edinburgh, meaning I would be away for one night, the longest I had been apart from Leah and Aoife since she had been born.

As we boarded the flight, I text Leah to let her know I was missing them both and received a picture of the two, Leah was lay on the sofa with Aoife resting on her chest. I smiled at my phone before switching it to airplane mode and settling into my seat for the flight.

Upon landing, a small group of fans had gathered in the airport. I greeted them and spent a while talking to them, most of them cooing over baby Aoife, asking would I be bringing her on the tour. We headed to the car for a short journey to the studio, I called Leah but when I received no answer I assumed she was busy, our lives had changed now meaning that we couldn't always lift the phone like we used to, bottles and nappies had replaced the phones that used to be placed in our hands, a life I wouldn't trade for the world.

As I watched out the window, passing buildings and people going about their daily lives, I was snapped out of my thoughts as my phone began to ring. Lydia was in the car directly behind me so I was unsure as to why she felt the need to call me when we were so close to our destination.

"Lyds, we're literally around the corner." I said, laughing.
"Alex. Have you heard from Leah?" Lydia said, sounding worried.
"No, what's wrong?" I said, panicking that Lydia knew something about Aoife that I didn't.
"Everyone's okay but check your texts. I've sent you a link." Lydia said, hanging up almost immediately.

As I clicked into my messages from Lydia, my heart began to beat out of my chest. I attempted to read the article but all I could focus on was the headline.

"What the actual fuck." I said aloud.

Grace Murphy claims Alex Ryan-Williamson only reignited relationship with Williamson AFTER Grace called it quits.

In an interview with Athletics Stripped Bare, Grace Murphy was asked by the interviewer about her time with the singer.

Grace can be heard in the documentary saying "I have a lot of time for Alex. She was kind, caring and loving towards me. I always knew that Leah was her person, which is why I called our relationship off.

I told her to go back to Leah, I knew she would've stayed with me if I didn't leave her, so I had to leave her to let her find Leah again."

Fans have been quick to call out Alex on social media. See tweets below:

Soooo we all thought Alex chose Leah but turns out she was just single?

Grace Murphy has seriously thrown a spanner in the works. Leah has been saying in interviews how Alex took a risk to be with her but it turns out she didn't. What a ****

Classic case of falling into the arms of your ex when your new relationship doesn't work out. Alex is basically just another love rat, how did we not see that coming.

Grace didn't stop there. She went on to tell interviewer Lara "I remember her telling me at the time that she had written Leah two letters. One ending it and one to save it. I'm guessing she sent the first one. Alex is like that, she's a romantic."

Fans are now speculating that Alex may not have told Leah about this, leaving them to wonder if this will cause issues between the pair.

Grace Murphy released a statement earlier today:

During an interview with Lara Pool, I stated factual information about the ending of my relationship with Alex. I was not trying to bring up the past or cause issues between Leah and Alex. I apologise profusely if I have done so.

I tried to call Leah again as I got out of the car, this time the phone rang twice and cut off. I ran to Lydia who was desperately trying to call media outlets to shut the story down before it was reported by other sources, they always added their own spin onto it.

"They're asking for a comment, Alex. Say nothing. Don't post anything. Okay?" Lydia said, trying to not make a scene as we stood on the pavement.
"Lydia this is going to fuck everything." I said, rubbing my forehead with my hand.
"Please tell me Leah knows about the letters?" Lydia whispered.
"No. I didn't feel the need to tell her. She only knows about the one she got." I said, now panicking.
"Don't panic. Call her." Lydia said, sternly.
"She won't answer." I said, pulling my phone out again.

I went to call Leah again but saw that she had text me.

L - Alex please stop calling, Aoife is sleeping. Is this true? Did she break up with you?

A - Sorry. Yeah she did but it's not like that. I'm coming home.

L - No, you're not. Stay there tonight please. I need space.

A - We need to talk though.

L - Tomorrow. If you pull out today they will report on that too. I can't believe this. Go do your recordings, I'm not having them reporting this too.

A - I'm really sorry Le. I love you.

L - I love you too Alex but I'm not sure I can forgive this.

My mind froze as I read Leah's last text. I had never felt the need to tell her about the other letter but maybe I did that for my own sake? Maybe I kept it from her, maybe subconsciously I kept it a secret. I was doubting every decision I had ever made.