Different Kind of Closeness

⚠️ Suggested Sexual Scenes/Discussion⚠️

Leah POV

Hearing Alex list off the things that made her love me was refreshing after such a long time of thinking that she didn't. I knew that she had love for me, but I didn't realise she was in love with me.

The rest of the day and night seemed to drag, when all I wanted was to climb into bed beside her and feel her wrap her arms around me. I watched as she chased the kids around the living room, then did the monster check for Finn, and helped Aoife clean her football boots. It was the little things.

As we headed to bed, Alex opened the door to the spare room, not wanting to overstep the boundaries. I tried to be okay with going to bed separately, but my heart was screaming at me to make the first move.

"I don't want you to sleep in there." I whispered.
"Are you sure?"
"I'm sure. Come to our bed, Al."

She followed me silently, and I couldn't help but be reminded of all those years ago when Aoife was just a baby. She clambered into the bed, looking back at me to check that it was still good with me, that I still wanted her here. I nodded, smiling down at her as I pulled the covers of my own side back and slipped in beside her.

"Night, Le." She whispered, turning to face me.
"Night, Al."

Our faces inched closer to one another, nothing rushed but both of us desperate for that feeling. The second I felt her lips against mine, my body relaxed, my heart beating faster than before. She let out the tiniest of moans, I knew it wasn't meant in a sexual way - more of an I've missed this way. We pulled away slowly, her hand finding mine as she placed a peck on the back of it and then brought it to her cheek.

"I love you, Le. Every part of you." She said softly.
"I love you."

It was hard to be here beside her and not want something more. If it wasn't for the fact I was recovering from surgery - and pregnant - I probably would've been on top of her right now, pulling at her clothes so I could feel the contact of our skin. I tried to distract myself, but the more I tried the more I realised she felt it too. She was restless, her fingers tracing along my thigh as the images of what could've been ran through our minds.

"Al?"
"Yeah?"
"I'm really turned on." I chuckled through a whisper.
"Me too." She buried her head into my chest.
"I'm sorry that we can't - you know." I sighed.
"Stop that, I'm just happy I'm here with you, Le."

I wrapped my arms around her a little more, her knee falling into all the right places as my thighs clamped around it to make sure she couldn't move.

"Can we talk?"
"About what?"

I was hoping she would've realised.

"That." I breathed out.
"I'd like that."

She placed a delicate kiss onto my lips waiting for me to lead the way. We'd never had to do this before, well except on FaceTime but that was different. I guess we both assumed it would be different than it was. What was meant to be some kind of sexual conversation, was nothing but a conversation filled with love, history, and complete truthfulness. A different kind of intimacy.

"You haven't been with anyone else, have you?"
"No, Le. I only think about that with you."
"Think about it? Did you?" I smirked.
"Yes."
"Often?"
"More often than I'd like to admit." She chuckled, both of us still whispering.
"I did too. A lot."

I felt her breathing change, her hips moving slightly before she calmed herself.

"Did you - you know?" I asked, feeling like a horny teenager but not caring.
"Yes. Did you?"
"Yeah - yeah I did." I blushed.
"I wish I could've watched that."
"Yeah?" I asked, shifting against her leg slightly.
"Yeah, do you remember when that was all we could do for months on end? When I was on tour?"
"Yeah, Al. I loved that."
"Me too."
"Were you ever tempted? In those months we spent apart? All those dancers and backing singers around you. Was it hard?"
"Not once. I could never have done that. Were you - ever tempted?" She cleared her throat.
"No. Never. Well - Harriet obviously." I sighed.
"That was so long ago now. Back then, did you ever think we'd get to here?"
"I hoped we would, I thought it was too good to be true though. I always thought you would get too frustrated, cop off with someone. My heart knew you wouldn't, but my head said you would."
"Is that why you used to accidentally answer my FaceTimes in your underwear?" Alex smirked.
"Maybe... Do you remember the time you were super close and Ellie knocked your hotel door?"
"I hated her for like a week. Literally - she couldn't even look at me."
"I remember she text me - has something happened Alex is in really bad form."
"Yeah Ellie - you ruined my orgasm." She chuckled.
"I miss those times, you know. Obviously I'm glad you're here all the time now, but I miss how we used to be."
"We were still like that though, I don't know what happened. Just one night we were close for the last time." Alex sighed.