Liverpool

At 7.45pm, it was time for me to head on stage. Ellie had my phone, as always I was avoiding seeing any negative comments before a gig. She ran to me and squealed "you NEED to see this!" before turning my phone around, showing me an instagram message from Leah.

Leah: Feels a bit weird still messaging you over Instagram haha. Maybe I can get your number tonight? Can't wait to watch you perform. Good luck, I told you I'd see you real soon.x

"ELLIE! Have you seen her? Is she really here?" I said, shocked and excited. These damn butterflies appearing in my stomach all over again. Before Ellie had a chance to reply, the event manager was counting down from 5 and it was time for me to go. I stepped on stage, guitar strap around my neck and the shining spotlight following my every step. I tried to find Leah in the crowd but between the cheers it was hard to focus for too long.

"Evening Liverpool, how we all feeling?" I shouted to the crowd, receiving a large cheer and some squeals from some of the girls in the crowd. I began to strum my guitar as the backing music of my first song began to play, I could see Lydia in the front row singing every word in time with the music and my heart felt so full of love in that moment knowing that I had people here supporting my dream.

As I neared the end of my set list, I began to sing my penultimate song when I noticed the familiar features of the beautiful blonde I had slept beside last night. Her eyes were dancing along to the music and when she realised I was smiling at her through my words she smiled back and cheered.

I performed my final song, finding it extremely hard to keep my eyes off Leah the entire time, knowing that every word I was singing was relating back to her. I hoped she knew it too.

"And I hope I'll make you happy, just like you make me. There are no words to describe the things I hope we'll be.
They say love starts when you least expect it, follows you in your dreams.
I always thought it was a farce, a temporary feeling but now I'm falling it seems."

"Liverpool, you have been incredible! I'll be hanging around for some pictures and signings if anyone wants to wait. Wherever you're travelling to, have a safe journey home and look out for each other. I've been Alex Ryan, goodnight!"

I walked off stage, waving to the crowd until I was no longer in sight. I took off my guitar and jumped into Gavin's arms who was like a proud Dad despite only being 3 years older than me. Ellie and Lydia came running round the corner chanting my name and we all jumped in a circle, ears still ringing from the sound. I grabbed a bottle of water and headed out to greet the fans that had waited, spending time with each one but desperately looking around the emptying room for Leah. I sighed when I realised she wasn't there, taking pictures with the last few fans and heading back to the artists room. As I walked in I was swept off my feet into the muscular arms of Leah as she shouted "you were amazing!" spinning me around in circles and holding me tightly. My face told the story that my heart was trying to hide as I breathed a sigh of relief that she hadn't left without me.

"I can't believe you came, what were you doing in Liverpool?" I said, pecking her lips.
"I was trying to think of ways I could make up for not asking if you got home safe, this was the best I could come up with." She said, smiling at me for forgiveness.
"I forgave you for that last night, silly." I reassured her.
"Okay, you got me. I went to get the train home today and realised I could just as easily jump on a train to see you." She said, blushing as she spoke.
"Well this is the best thing that anyone has ever done for me, I hope you know that." I said, meaning every word.