The Surprise

Leah and I spent the next few months being a normal couple. Doing normal couple things. We were heavily papped but neither of us minded, we weren't wasting a single second we had together worrying about the little things. We enjoyed days out together as much as we enjoyed days in. We spent a lot of time with both of our families, even introducing them to each other.

We moved into our new home just two weeks after we had spoken about moving in together. We had the money to buy one of those fancy houses that everyone shows off but neither of us felt the need to do that. We just wanted to be somewhere that we could be in the company of each other, somewhere that we were happy. We moved into a little detached house, not far from Leah's mum. I admired that Leah was so family orientated, her family were the backbone of everything she did.

Today was the second last day I had with Leah until the Olympics and I wanted to do something special for her. I had spent weeks putting the final preparations in place, with a little help from Lydia because my organisational skills were horrendous. Leah was oblivious to all of it so when her mum text asking to meet her that afternoon she agreed. I told her I had to meet Gavin about my new writing schedule, which didn't actually exist but she bought it.

Just after Leah left, Lydia lifted me and we headed to pick Ellie up from the airport. The three of us travelled to an airbnb that I had rented for the night, I needed a place that was big enough for the plans I had, picking somewhere that was far enough from other houses to ensure any noise didn't disturb other people.

We spent all afternoon decorating. It was nice to have Ellie back, to be back as a three again after such a long time apart. She was still the same Ellie, being away hadn't changed a single thing about her. I felt so lucky to have these two people by my side through my whole life. They accepted me for my flaws, for my annoying habits and treated me like I was normal despite my face being plastered across billboards 24/7.

Once we were finished we headed off to get ready, taking a moment to admire our work and sharing a hug. The guests started arriving, Gavin arriving first as he had to be sure that he wasn't late or Ellie would kick off at him. Gavin was closely followed by Jacob and Leah's Grandma. Holly, Ben and Natalie arrived soon after, all looking as glamorous as ever. As more and more people filtered through, I started to get nervous. What if she wasn't in the mood for a lot of people? She might be tired and just want her bed. I was snapped out of my thoughts by the arrival of Alex.

"The best Alex has arrived!" She shouted to me.
"I see that head of yours hasn't gotten any smaller!" I joked to her.
"She's going to love this!" She said, excited.
"I hope so, I'm panicking a bit now." I said, genuinely nervous.
"She will love it. I promise." Alex said, placing her hand on my shoulder for reassurance.

My phone buzzed and it was Leah.

L - What time will you be home? Mum and I are going to meet Natalie. She has hired a house for the weekend and is having some people over tonight. I won't be long though, I miss you❤️

A - I'll be another few hours. Have a great time and I'll see you when you get home. I love you.

The plan had worked, Amanda must've been very convincing, Leah had no idea what she was doing. She had no idea that this house was actually full of people who meant the most to her. Every room was decorated to resemble a country that would be taking part in the olympics.

Everyone took their places, awaiting the arrival of Leah and Amanda. We heard both car doors closing and my heart was racing in my chest, I was terrified she would think it was a silly idea. The front door opened, as we all stood in silence, waiting to see Leah's reaction. Leah appeared in the doorway and a huge cheer of 'good luck Leah!' echoed throughout the house.