The Media

Singer Alex Ryan-Williamson loses battle with cancer.

The family of Alex Ryan-Williamson have released a statement to inform fans that the singer passed away last night, aged 64.

The family confirmed that Alex had been diagnosed with the same cancer her mother died from in the weeks leading up to her death, but said her death was 'painless' and the singer was 'in good spirits right until the end.'

Alex was a long standing member of the music industry, challenging huge issues through each of her performances; she encapsulated fans with her raw, authentic and original voice.

Tributes have been paid from close friends of Alex, and multiple family members have already penned their own memories of the talented Irish woman.

See below:

Leah Williamson:
It is with immense sadness that I announce the passing of my beautiful, talented, funny, kind, and adoring wife, Alex Ryan-Williamson. Despite all odds, Alex and I managed to have our forever, and a lot of fun along the way. Our four children were her pride and joy, and there was no feeling quite like watching her be a mother.
As much as it hurts right now, my heart is happy to know that half of it has gone with her, and that one day I'll be reunited with the love of my life.
I would request privacy at this time.
My best friend, my hero, my one and only; always, Al.

AoifeRyanWilliamson:
Mum wasn't just a parent, she was my bestest friend too. When times were tough, she always had a plan to make them better. When I wasn't sure where to go, she was always there to guide me. Most importantly, when I wasn't sure which swear word to use, she was always there to remind me.
Forever my hero x

TheoRyanWilliamson:
The sky has always been my happy place, but knowing you're in it makes it so much more important.
We'll look after Mummy, we promise x

FinnRyanWilliamson:
It was okay to let go, Mum. We'll continue to make you proud every single day. Love always, Finn x

BobbyRyanWilliamson:
You told me I could be like my heroes, so I chose to be like you, Mum.

Ellie:
Three musketeers, forever and always. My heart is broken but your presence made my life brighter.

Lydia:
From the girl who taught me how to be myself, to the woman who taught me how to be proud doing just that. Alex Ryan-Williamson, you were one in a million.

GavinGregg:
Our world lost an incredible person today. To those lucky enough to know her, just know you meant everything to her.
Alex Ryan-Williamson, the light in any room she was in.
Some good music we made, Alex.
Gavin x

JacobWilliamson:
The sappiest of them all, but the loveliest of them all. Proud to have been your brother-in-law, but prouder to have spent my life looking up to you.
Thinking of my sister, my nieces, and my nephews x

GraceMurphy:
Thinking of Leah, Aoife, Theo, Finn, and Bobby today and every day. You lived your forever, Alex. You lived it so beautifully.

— — — — — —

Aoife Williamson: Mummy's coming home to you, Mum.

The daughter of Leah Williamson, ex Arsenal and England captain, and the manager that lead the Lionesses to their fourth World Cup win, has lead tributes after her death was reported. Leah is said to have passed away after a 'short illness' just three months after the death of her wife, Alex Ryan-Williamson.

AoifeRyanWilliamson: (Daughter, 33)
Mummy's coming home to you, Mum.
Last night, our beautiful mummy passed away peacefully surrounded by her family after suffering from a short illness. She wasn't sad, scared, or lonely - just talked of her excitement to give Mum a cuddle and tell her how much she missed her.
Our hearts are broken, but Mummy's heart was full of love.

TheoRyanWilliamson: (Son, 29)
Another beautiful star added to the sky of my favourite people. You were everything the world thought you were; beautiful, kind, and devoted.
We love you x

FinnRyanWilliamson: (Son, 25)
Thank you for staying long enough to see my wedding out, Mummy. Give Mum a big cuddle from us, and continue to guide us from wherever you are, just as you did here x

BobbyRyanWilliamson: (Son, 20)
Last night I lost my Mummy, but I made her a promise that I would play her songs at my Wembley gig so she could hear them on her journey back to Mum. I won't break that promise.
Wembley, please help me out tonight x

JacobWilliamon: (Brother)
Heartbroken. Don't even know what else to say. You were my best friend. Don't forget me up there, sis x

Click here to read a full collection of tributes.