The World, My World

Those 6 weeks of bliss flew by in an instant, one minute it was just Leah and I and the next we were preparing to tell everyone. Leah was now showing slightly but with it being early spring, it was easy to hide with her usual fashion choices. There had been slight rumbling on social media, no speculation of pregnancy but a large number of guesses that Leah was planning on early retirement or that she had some kind of illness after our early dash from the Brits followed by her absence from the pitch. We had told our family during a party that Amanda had organised, they were surprised at how well we had hidden it, pleased for us that we had managed to enjoy the first few weeks without the pressure of the world on our shoulders. Leah and I both composed an Instagram posts to let our fans know the news, both posting at the same time to ensure both sets of fans found out at the same time. We attached a picture of the two of us, Leah's bump showing slightly and Milo.

AlexRWilliamson:

Name: Baby Williamson
Age: 3 months inside mummy's tummy.
Size: Around the size of a lime.
Hobbies: Listening to mum sing, listening to mummy shout at the ref on TV.
Loved By: Leah and I unconditionally.

This September is going to be the best September I have ever had💞 Just when I thought I couldn't be anymore proud of you, Le.

Leahwilliamsonn:

Alex and I are delighted to announce that we've been keeping a secret...🤫

Baby Williamson will make an appearance in September❣️

Life just keeps getting better with you, Alex🤍

— — — — —

Life during festival season was always hectic but this time, I didn't mind. Travelling to festivals on the day and home again that night was worth it to see Leah and bump. Leah was now in the final trimester and tiredness was kicking in. She loved being pregnant but I think now she was just eager to get to the end. Leah would send me videos of the baby moving, she travelled with me for the first half of summer but as we neared the due date we decided to keep her at home. I wanted to cancel the appearances but Leah was adamant that I carry on.

I called Leah before I left to drive home from my final festival, I thought she would be sleeping and would take a while to answer but she picked up right away.

"Hi babe." She said.
"You okay, Le? Why aren't you sleeping?" I asked, concerned.
"Can't sleep, this one is moving about like crazy tonight." She said, with a slight laugh.
"Is it painful?" I was worried that something was wrong.
"A little. More painful missing you though. How long until you're home?" She said, bringing those butterflies into my stomach again.
"I'm leaving now, I'll be home in just over an hour, traffic depending getting out of here." I said.
"Hurry but drive carefully." Leah said, hanging up the phone.

Something was telling me that Leah wasn't okay. I drove home panicking, trying to get there as quickly as possible. If she wasn't okay, she wouldn't tell me before I drove, I knew that.

When I pulled up to the house, Leah had left the outside light on for me but the house was in darkness. I sighed with relief that she was now in bed, I lifted my bag from the boot and began to make my way to the door. As soon as my key turned and the door opened slightly I was jolted into a panic.

"Alexxxx!" Leah shouted from upstairs.
"What is it, Le? I'm coming." I shouted back as I dropped my bag and ran to the bedroom.

I could see Leah was on our bedroom floor, her face was bright red and she had tears falling from her eyes. She reached her hand out to me as soon as I appeared through the door.

"There's something wrong, Al. There's something wrong, please help." Leah cried as I took my phone out to phone for help, gripping her hand and kissing her head.
"I'm going to get us some help, Le. I'm right here okay? I promise it's going to be okay." Was all I could say as I tried to stop myself from crying.

I had to be strong for Leah, I couldn't let her see that I was worried. She wasn't due yet, the midwife had said the baby would likely be late, so how was this happening 2 weeks before her due date? I stroked her head, my hand soaking from the sweat that had formed on her forehead. I kissed her hands over and over again, repeatedly telling her I loved her. The ambulance arrived pretty quickly, I hadn't locked the front door so they were able to come straight in. Leah began to cry again when they asked me to step away from her so I grabbed her teddy from the bed and placed him beside her to keep her safe.

"I'm right here, Le." I told her every time I saw her looking for me.
"Don't leave me, you promise?" Leah asked, her voice breaking my heart.
"Never." I said softly.
"So you think there's something wrong, Leah?" The paramedic asked.
"Yes. I thought earlier maybe the baby was just moving and things but the pain has gotten so much worse the last few hours." Leah sobbed.
"Do you have a private midwife guys?" The paramedic address both of us.
"Yeah, I've called her. She's on her way." I replied.
"How far away?" He asked me, almost silently.
"About 15 minutes by now?" I mouthed back as Leah sucked on the gas and air.
"Okay Leah, you're about to have a baby, I know it's early but that's okay. Obviously your little one couldn't wait any longer to meet the two of you. There is nothing wrong or anything to worry about. You are just in labour. You're nearing the end stages now so we can't transfer you to hospital but we're here to look after you and Alex is here too. No one is going to leave you, okay?" He said, his words were firm but with a gentle approach and I watched on as Leah nodded her head.
"Le, will I call your mum? Do you need her?" I asked.
"Just you, Alex. Just my family." Leah said before taking another puff.

The midwife arrived almost immediately after that, helping the paramedics. They allowed me back to Leah, she was sweating and teary but I was in awe of her strength. The grip she had of my hand reminded me of the grip she had of my T-shirt on that first day on the plane. I continuously stroked her hair and kissed her forehead, telling her how proud I was and how well she was handling everything. I hated seeing her in pain but she still smiled every time my lips made contact with her skin.

After just a few more minutes of the paramedics asking Leah to keep pushing, there was a cheer from the midwife as our baby entered the world. A few seconds of silence were followed by the loudest cry I have heard, a cry I immediately fell in love with. Our beautiful baby was placed onto Leah's bare skin on her chest, a mountain of brown hair on top of a tiny little head. Tiny little fingers and the smallest fingernails I have ever seen in my life. Tears flowed from my eyes as I placed my hand onto the baby that Leah and I had created, Leah's hand immediately placed onto mine.

"You have a beautiful, healthy and loud little girl." The midwife smiled.
"Thank you. Thank you so much, all of you." I said through my tears.
"You did it, Le. You did it. I am so proud of you, I love you so much more than I can ever say." I whispered into her hair.
"We did it, Al. Together. I love you. Both of you." Leah smiled up at me, rubbing her thumb across my hand that was still proudly placed on the back of the little girl I would love for the rest of my life.