Coming Home

Ex England captain Leah Williamson said to be in hospital with a mystery illness.

In the last few days, rumours have circulated the internet claiming that Leah Williamson has been staying in a hospital just outside her hometown. Fans have speculated on social media about the reasons behind her stay, but others argued that it was nothing but cruel rumours.

In new pictures posted today, Alex Ryan, the mother to Leah's three children, was spotted entering the hospital with Aoife (12), Theo (9), and Finn (5). Alex and the children appeared to be in high spirits as they entered a side door, laughing and smiling with Leah's mother.

It's still unclear as to why the ex-footballer is in hospital, but the now businesswoman has been silent on social media since 21st September.

Alex Ryan and Leah Williamson shared a 'love story' romance that is rumoured to have come to an end just a few months ago, with music manager Gavin Gregg's slip up at the Young Music Awards appearing to offer the confirmation the fans were dreading.

When asked about the absence of Alex, Gavin pulled on his collar nervously, before telling the journalist "she has some stuff to move - sort out, we obviously can't wait to have her back in the studio, but Alex will be back when she's ready."

Fans were quick to spot the hints that Alex was moving out of the £7.9m house the two lived in, with many unable to believe that the couple had never opted for something bigger or pricier.

In a Jonathan Ross interview last Wednesday evening, Ryan referred to recognising other people's pain, something that fans have now linked heavily with Leah's hospital stay.

More to follow.

"Fuck sake." I rolled my eyes.
"We knew it was coming." Amanda nodded.
"Still sickening though. Where are the kids?"
"David and I have decided to keep them tonight, let Leah get settled back in without them running around."

Fuck. I don't know if that's something she will want.

"Yeah - em - right - cool." I stuttered.
"She wanted that."
"Leah did?"
"Yeah. I already asked her."
"Okay."

Do I go back to mine then? Do I stay? Do I ask her? What if she thinks I'm pushing my luck? What if she thinks I'm only wanting to look after her because I think there's something in it for me, like a reconciliation?

"There she is!" Amanda beamed, seeing Leah walking towards us.
"Le, what're you doing up? You should be resting." I sighed.
"Hungry."
"Sit down, I'll make you something." I fussed.
"Right, that's my cue, I'm off!" Amanda smiled, kissing Leah's cheek before she left.

Leah made her way into the living room, making it to the sofa completely tiring her out. I just about managed to wake her to get her to eat something before she staggered back to bed, the telltale signs that she really wasn't feeling good. I settled in the spare room, gazing around it and wondering what colour we would paint it for the new arrival, unable to stop that feeling of excitement in my stomach when I thought of the feeling of holding another little body in my arms. It wasn't long before I had fallen asleep, the tiredness of my mind almost more severe than the tiredness my actual body felt.

Since Leah and I separated, I hadn't been able to sleep as peacefully as I once did. I would wake up every hour, on the hour, always glancing around in hope that it had been a bad dream and that I would find her sleeping beside me. That never happened though, and the feeling of devastation that filled me each time made things so much harder. Tonight was different, there was something about Leah being just next door that made my mind feel at ease, my brain finally turning off enough to get some overdue rest.