Ellie and Lydia

"When Alex and Leah chose myself and Lydia to give a speech out of all these beautiful bridesmaids here today, I cried. Not surprisingly for anyone who knows me to be honest.

I first met Alex during a time in my life when everything was dark, I felt I had no escape from my reality. I didn't have many friends, I wasn't seen as socially acceptable by the other kids in our school. From that very first day, Alex has loved me for who I am. She has shown me that the best person I can be is simply myself.

To say I'm proud of what Alex has achieved the last few years is an understatement but the part I am most proud of is that she has remained the same person. Despite the fame, the success and the money, she has stayed true to her morals and beliefs. She has kept the promise she made to us before her first gig. She promised that this changed nothing, and she has proven everyday that she meant every word of that.

In recent years, Alex and I have been separated by distance. I worried when I moved that things might change between us but she never let that happen. When I couldn't be there for an awards show, a gig or a party, Alex always ensured I knew I was missed and I am unsure if she knew how much comfort this brought me on the days that I was homesick."

Ellie was now, of course, crying more than I had ever seen her cry before. Leah and I both hugged her as she passed the microphone to Lydia who was struggling to keep her composure.

"Since Ellie has already made Alex's head big enough, I'm simply going to say that without you Alex, I don't know what I would do. You and Ellie are my best friends in the world and I love you both so much.

Leah, I won't ever forget that morning in Manchester when Ellie came back into our room and told me that the England captain was in Alex's room. Neither of us had any idea how you had got there or the future that was about to unfold in front of our eyes.

We know that at times, you might've thought that we would dislike you or advise Alex not to pursue things because of things that had happened. Usually, we would've. You two had a hard time getting things off the ground and if it had been anyone else, we would've told her to give it up but we couldn't with you. We knew that you were meant for Alex. We knew that you and Alex would one day be sat here, listening to the people who love you both tell you how incredible you both are. Most importantly, we knew that you loved Alex. We knew that you would have sacrificed it all just to have her by your side.

Leah, as Alex's best friends, we want to thank you for dedicating your life to making her happy. Thank you for giving us the old Alex, the one that smiled real smiles, back. Thank you for being the other half of her heart.

We love you both so much and we are so happy to be a part of your day."