Who Would've Thought It?

As we posed for pictures, Leah's arm didn't leave my waist. She kept whispering in my ear that I was beautiful and how proud she was of me. Neither of us could comprehend the overwhelming feeling of love that was rushing through our veins and warming our hearts.

Our family and friends were infected by our happiness and not one person around us had anything but a grin on their face. The family pictures were my favourite, listening to my Dad shout 'cheese' as loud as he could reminded me so much of my childhood days and I know he was thinking of them too. Leah and I invited Janice to be in some of the photos, we wanted her to feel welcome as we knew that it must be a little awkward for her being around all these people she's never met.

We travelled by car to the reception venue, which was only five minutes down the road but those five minutes alone with Leah were so precious to me.

"I still can't believe we're married, Alex. I don't think I'll ever stop smiling about today." Leah said, gently stroking the side of my face with her fingers.
"Imagine if someone had told us that night at the Brits that we would be married today?" I said, laughing gently.
"It was worth it though wasn't it? All of the tears, the flights, travelling to watch you perform knowing I would only get an hour with you after the show before you had to move on to your next destination. It was all worth it." Leah said, leaning in to peck my lips, a feeling I could feel all day.

As we arrived at the reception, Gavin introduced us. As soon as he said the happy couple, the song I had written for Leah began to play and we entered the room. Cheers could be heard from every angle as we made our way to the top table, greeting our families that sat on either side of the empty seats that had been reserved for us.

Leah and I read through the cards we had on the table in front of us that gave the order of tonight's events, as if we hadn't planned this ourselves and knew exactly what order they would be in.

Dinner
— — — —
Speeches
David (Father of the Bride)
Peter (Father of the Bride)
Jacob (Best Man)
Ellie and Lydia (Bridesmaid)
Leah (Bride)
— — — —
First Dance
— — — —
Cutting of the Cake
— — — —
Father and Daughter Dances
— — — —
Bouquet Throwing

The night had only just began but I was already thinking about having Leah to myself again, feeling her skin touch mine as her head lay on my chest.