You are just in time

Namjoon dressed neatly to meet your parents. He wanted to show up in a good appearance to impress at least your mother or little Joonie. His sister brought her date home once and his dad wasn't very easy to deal with so he didn't dare to put high expectations on your dad.

"So, you are my daughter's upperclassman?" Your dad was putting on his intimidating face as soon as the two of you arrived. This was the first time you introduced a guy friend to them. As for Park Jimin in middle school, he didn't count him because he broke your heart back then!

"Yes, Sir." The old man was seizing him all the way head to toe, "How tall are you?"

"Should be around 179cm.." And he was still growing. Your dad nodded. Surely his daughter attracted any kind of guy...

"Dad, no need to look so scary. We are only friends." You chuckled.

"Me and your mother also were friends before we dated." He snorted.

"Don't mind her dad, come help me in the kitchen." Your mother signed Namjoon to follow her. Namjoon looked at you helplessly.

"He is a man. Why would you ask him to help you in the kitchen?" He said unhappily.

"Why? Don't you cook all the time?" In fact, your dad was a better cook than your mom.
"Why did you say that in front of him?"

"Man and woman are equal these days. I'm also helping my mom with house chores." He copied your words.

"Look at how sweet his words are." Nothing could please him.

"Stop pestering us, dad." You pushed him out of the kitchen.

"Talk to my brother." Little Joonie was drawing on the dining table, waiting for lunch to be served. You kissed his head. He usually played with you all the time.

"Hi.." Namjoon greeted him.

Little Joon threw his head away. "Joonie, my friend here has the same nickname as you." You thought he would be happy to see you here. But he is ignoring you.

"No, I don't want to play with him. Dad said he will take you from us." He said as he drew.Namjoon couldn't hold his chuckle, you were embarrassed by both of your dad and brother.

"Daddd! Why did you say that to Joon!" Your mother liked the guy you brought. He seemed nice and polite.

"Have a seat, Joon. Y/n, help me with the dishes." You followed your mother.

"Thank you, Mrs."

"Honey, Mr Jung asked us to meet him at 2. I told him not to call us during the weekend. He just never listens." Your dad came in again.

"He is the boss, dear. Let Y/n and Namjoon watch Joonie. We'll come back as soon as we're done." "Help us, honey." Your mother asked sweetly. Guess you had to. Little Joon got fond of his big fella quickly.

Namjoon was very good with kids. You didn't expect him to be able to handle your brother, he is at an age that is very curious about everything. They played until noon in the playground around the apartment. By the time the three of you went back the sun already set.

"He is a smart boy." He said.

"He is." "I think we should order dinner. My mom said they will be late. You could head back first if you want. No need to wait for them." Little Joon was having his snack.