Avoiding her

Henri looked around the class. He disappeared again. She just took her eyes off him for two minutes and he was gone. "Where is Namjoon?"

"He's already headed back."

"He is?" It's been days. She might overthink it, but she really thought that Namjoon was avoiding her on purpose. She was looking for him for three days straight. Besides the time he was with Jackson and Eric, he wouldn't show up in front of her. The main hint was he sat with others.

She ran into the hallway, she had no other choice than this. She texted him too. His reply was short and dry. He never really talks much with her. But these texts seem distant and cold.

Did she do something? Was he upset because of the other night? She met him wearing a little dress and he told him it was not good. She didn't go that night, she's listening to him and staying in her flat.

"Namu!!" Namjoon was startled.

"Oh, hi." He looked around. Namjoon was on the way back, "Don't run." She almost tripped by her own feet. Stupid heels.

"Are you busy? I haven't seen you lately." She read his face. He was calm as per usual.

"Yes, I'm a bit busy." He smiled at her.

"You are not lying to me?" Because she checked on his schedule. There is not much on the agenda. And he didn't attend a few meetings.

"Why would I lie?"

Maybe it was only in her mind. He was right, why would he lie to her.
"Then, let's go back to my place. I'll make you something delicious. I'm starving." She'll make him her special kimchi fried rice. Or something else. He likes spicy food. Everything went smoothly with her. Not to brag but several students confessed to her. Saying she was very pretty and they wanted to know more about her, of course she turned down every single one. Her heart already had an owner.

"Actually.." Namjoon scratched his nape, "I don't know how to say it.."

"You call tell me everything." She reassured him

"I think it's not appropriate for us to hang out together since you have a guy you like and I have a girlfriend." Since he promised to you.He had to keep it.

"You always have a girlfriend and the guy I like doesn't even know I have feelings for him.. Why now?" She knew he had a girlfriend..

Gyeoul didn't want to take him from you.. She just wants to be a close friend. Someone who could be by his side.. it was enough for her.. She's not greedy. Why did he had to take her one sided happiness, "What changed?"

"I should've done it a long time ago." "We are still friends but I want to keep our distance.. for a while. Please understand."

Gyeoul was teary. She hid her sadness quickly.

"I guess I have to respect your decision."

"Where is Namu? He hangs out with us less these days." Jackson played billiards with Eric.Both equally suck at it.

"He went to Y/n's." Henri answered shortly.After telling her to keep distance. Namjoon didn't bother to talk to her anymore. He kept it as simple as a smile. Like he'll choke to death if he gets an inch closer to her. It made her feel awful.. not able to see his smile closely. When they crossed path on the way to the college, he also avoid her

"Again? She did not let him breathe a bit." Alea snorted, "She used him like a puppet." Namjoon was less fun since you were here. He is always Y/n this, Y/n that. They got it he missed you, but he was slowly losing friends here, too.

"I think it's because of me.."

"What did you do?" Jackson sat beside her.After Namjoon, Jackson was the closest to her.Boy things to look out for each other. Or something else..

"Nothing.. He's just saying he's busy." She tried to shrug it off.

"He's still replying to my text." He acted like usual with him. They even planned to go out this weekend. He said he'll take you with him:

"He's avoiding me."

"Why would he avoid you?" Alea asked.

"He said.. he wanted to keep some distance from me." His words rang in her head for days.

"Out of the sudden?" Tiff frowned.

Namjoon was very nice to Henri. Both before and after she dressed prettily. She thought Henri would be a good match for Namjoon. If only he didn't have a girlfriend. Everyone thinks so.

"It must be his girlfriend. He is so nice to you. Seeing you are so pretty made her insecure, Henri." Alea patted her back.

"You think so..?" Henri asked with big eyes.

Jackson clenched his jaw. 

"Yeah, or else why would she forbid Namu to meet you.."

"I don't know.." Henri lowered her head.

"She must have said something. You know Namu likes to hang out with us." They were friends for a year. Namjoon played with them everyday.

"She's a bit controlling, huh?"

"Lol, maybe Namjoon likes it with a dominant girlfriend." "I also like a dominant one.." Alea rubbed Tiff's thigh.

"Don't worry. I'll talk to him, okay." Jackson cheered her up.

"No need.. he won't listen.. Namjoon loves his girlfriend so much.." So much that she wishes you would never appear here. That year back she should've listened to Alea and tried to win his heart.

"I'm his best friend too. He'll listen to me a bit."He was not very confident, but he'll do it anyway.

"Henri, you should grab him firmly while you can. We'll help you."

"It's okay.." "I'll be fine.." It won't be the first time she cried about it in her sleep. Longing that was not hers..

It was always one sided anyway.Namjoon was the happiest with you. She witnessed it with her own eyes. Every time they do things together, whenever your message pings his phone. His lips curled up instantly. He always replies to your text right away.

Namjoon talked about you many times to the point she thought she knew you better than yourself. What's your favorite color, what's the weather you like to go out, your smallest habits, All of you from his point of view. How precious you were to Namjoon. There was no place for her.

"Thank you.. But I'm not going to try anything.." Her poor effort to be noticed by him. She ridicules herself.  Of course, she would love to have the affection he showered you with... She wanted to hold on to that beautiful dream..

"Right! There are many boys who would love to go out with you. You only need to look around a bit." Jackson kicked Eric's legs.

"Oh, yes, just look around not too far because you might have missed it." The guy added quickly. Jackson nodded in satisfaction.

"Come on, you give up so easily." Alea persuades her. It was not easy.. She wanted to fight for her feelings too.

"I'm not giving up.. I want to protect my heart."

by bangtanboyspersona

Your vote means a lot to me <3