Chapter 10

Max

It has been two weeks since I last saw Jason and I missed teasing him as I loved to see his reactions. However, the wounds from the rouge fight took time to heal but my back was still a little sensitive. When I returned to school everyone was busy studying as it was already time for mid-term exams. Erick and I did not miss any schoolwork since the teachers gave Raven all the material related to the exams.

Raven and Erick had P.E so they went to the gym since they were playing indoor games. I had English so I went to my locker and took out my books. I knocked on the door and said, "Sorry for being late, please can I come in?". Mr.Black let me into the classroom and I handed him a letter and took a seat next to Jason. I took out my notebook to take notes and looked at Jason and said, "what are we doing in class today?". He quickly told me what we were doing in class today and then he asked me where had I been for the last two weeks as mid-term exams are next week. So I looked at him and said," why did you miss me, sweetheart? Sorry for making you worried. I was busy with some personal issues that's why I could not come to school". He slapped my shoulder out of embarrassment and I flinched a little as I still had a bruise on my back and it is a little sensitive. I smiled at Jason as if nothing was wrong with me.

The class ended soon and Oliver and Roxy walked in with Erick and Raven right behind. I said a quick hello to Oliver and Roxy before walking away with Erick and Raven. Both of them smiled at Jason and then rushed to catch up with me. I turned and waved at Jason before I went out the door. On the way to our next class, the three of us were discussing the increasing number of rouges that were showing up all around. There is going to be a meeting with the other packs regarding this issue soon. It was hard to focus on school work and the mid-term exams were right around the corner too.

My dad mind-linked me that I need to come home right after school today since had wanted to tell me something important. The day felt so long since in all the classes the teachers were explaining about the exam. During the maths class, I kept spacing out as I thought about Jason it seemed like he missed me. Erick was sitting beside me and suddenly he looked like he was going to be sick as he held his stomach. He rushed out the door and he mind-linked Raven and me that he is stuck in the bathroom since he had eaten a chocolate bar however he forgot that he was lactose intolerant. Erick had forgotten to take his pills and Raven talked to the teacher about Erick's condition.

Both Raven and I ran down the hallway to help Erick we stopped by the infirmary to pick up some pills for him. Raven waited outside as I walked into the bathroom. Erick was slumped against the wall and he looked miserable I handed him the pills and the water bottle that I had brought with me. After he took the pills I helped him up and we walked out the door, Raven was waiting for us outside anxiously. She told me that she called their mother and she was coming to pick up Erick.

Both of us helped Erick to the parking lot and we saw that their mother Julie was waiting. Raven and I still had two more classes before school ended so we stayed back. Erick handed the keys to his car to Raven so she could drive back home. We went back inside and resumed our classes. We informed the teachers about Erick's situation since they inquired about him not being present in classes. Finally, the school was over and I had to go back home since my dad had to speak to me. So the fastest way of getting home was to change into my wolf, I saw James near his locker and I went up to him.

I told James that my dad needed to speak to me and the fastest way home was to change into my wolf and I handed him my car keys to drive my car home. Traffic is generally bad during this time and I did not want to make my dad wait. He said that it was not a problem and I apologized to him as I had no other option at the moment.

I walked behind the school building and into the trees to transform into my wolf Ares. I quickly took off my clothes. My bones began to crack and I let out a growl and transformed into Ares. I was so focused on getting home that I did not pay attention to my surroundings and raced passed the trees. When I got home my dad was pacing back and forth in the living room. As he saw me walk through the door he said, "ah good you're finally here, I need your help it's our wedding anniversary today and I don't know what to do. I have her present but I did not have anything else planned".

I laughed as I saw dad running all over the place and told him to calm down. I made a quick reservation in one of the restaurants that we own in town. Mom was helping one of her friends at the public library so she was not home. I told my dad to get in the shower while I picked out their clothes for the evening. I chose a black suit for my dad and a navy blue dress for my mom. I went to Liam and asked him if he wanted to spend the night at the pack house with me. He was excited and started to pack his overnight bag, I wanted him to spend some time with the kids in the pack house. I thought it was a good idea to give my parents some privacy today.

I left a note on my parent's bed that I am taking Liam to the pack house and that they have the house to themselves. Liam was already waiting near the entrance when I came downstairs, both of us walked outside and I changed into my wolf and Liam picked up my clothes and climb up. Once he was seated and he held on to me tightly as I started running towards the pack house. When we reached the pack house I transformed and wore my clothes and walked inside the pack house.

Just then James came running to me and said, "Max I need to apologize to you, I saw Jason following you into the trees so I went after him. I lost him between all the trees. But when I found him it was already too late, he had already seen you transform into your wolf. I knocked him out and asked another pack member to help carry him back to school. We left him near his car and then I drove your car back to the pack house''.

Wait for the next update...

Comment and Vote