Chapter 51

Jason

Ugh...my head feels so heavy and I am unable to move my body. It took me some time to open my eyes. I heard a beeping sound in the background and someone was talking to me. I slowly opened my eyes at first everything looked a little fuzzy. Then I saw a guy that I could not recognize sitting beside me and I looked at him and said," Um...excuse me but who are you?".

The moment I said those words the guy's face fell and he replied," Jason it's me Max don't you remember?". I shook my head and said," I am sorry Max I do not know who you are and how I ended up in the hospital". He seemed a little upset and then pressed the red button beside my bed. A lady doctor walked into the room with a nurse following behind her with a chart in her hand.

The lady doctor introduced herself as Melody Tanner and told me that I was in a car accident that is why I was in the hospital. She took the chart from the nurse's hand and told me about the various injuries I had received due to the accident. It seems like my memory was affected but it was only temporary. It would take some time for those memories to come back and she did not know how long it would take me to regain my memories.

Max looked devastated when he heard that I lost my memories and I could not understand why he was so upset. Dr. Tanner left after doing a quick check-up and told me that it would take at least two months to make a complete recovery. Oh my god, so long I wonder how I ended up in this situation was anyone else with me or was I all alone when the accident took place? There were so many thoughts going through my mind that I eventually started getting a headache just thinking about it.

I looked at Max and said," Max please can you hand me some Tylenol with some water because I am having a headache". He immediately grabbed a pill from the table which was beside the bed and put it in my mouth and held a glass of water which had a straw in it to it to my lips. Once I had the medicine I rested my head on the pillow and asked Max," What kind of relationship do we have Max? I also wanted to ask you if there was anyone else with me when the accident occurred".

Max replied," Jason we are boyfriends and as for your other question Oliver and Roxanne were with you when the accident happened". When he uttered that we were boyfriends those words did not register because as soon as he said that Oliver and Roxy were with me when the accident took place. I looked at him with eyes wide open and said," Please tell me they are ok Max and when can I see them?".

Max put his hand gently on my thigh and replied," Don't worry Jason they are also here and receiving treatment for their injuries. You can see them once you recover some more or I can bring them over to see you once their condition improves". I was not satisfied but I had no other choice since I was in no condition to move. I gave up and thought about Max's response that the two of us were boyfriends.

There is no way that I would be in a relationship with a guy, I am attracted to girls, right? So how in the world did I end up falling for a guy it does not make sense. I glanced at Max and thought about what would have made me be in a relationship with him. Max gave me a small smile and said," A penny for your thoughts Jason? Or do not want to talk to me anymore now that you know that we are boyfriends? Do feel uncomfortable being around me I can go if my being here is hard for you".

He got up from the chair to leave the room but I grabbed his wrist gently with my l left hand to stop him. I replied," I am still trying to process that we are in a relationship since I do not remember anything. Please don't leave Max somehow you being around me makes me feel calm. Just give me some time and we can figure this out together ok?". Max faced me with a flustered look on his face and said," I understand Jason sorry for behaving like that I just panicked and said all those things. Take all the time you need and we will take it one step at a time sweetheart, uh I mean Jason".

Sweetheart huh so that's what he calls me interesting, it was kind of cute to see him all flustered. Max sat down on the chair again and asked me if I need anything else to which I responded that I wanted him to tell me about us. Max smiled and proceeded to tell me about how we first met and narrated some incidents to me. Even though I could not remember those moments it was nice to listen to Max's voice.

He took out his phone and showed me a couple of photos that we had taken together along with our friends. I learned that Oliver and Roxy had become his friends too and he had two friends named Erik and Raven. I could not believe that we had taken some cheesy coupley photos in different poses too. I saw that in every photo I was either smiling, laughing, hugging or kissing Max. After showing me those photos he put the phone away and told me to rest a bit till lunchtime. Max also let me know that he had informed my parents about my condition and that they were on their way to see me.

Please vote and comment !!!!

How did you find this chapter? 

Until the next update.....