Chapter 40

Jason

When we reached the town, everyone was waiting for us near the entrance of an art gallery. So we quickly got out of the car and joined them and then Roxy said," where were you guys you took so much time to get here". I replied," Uh sorry we got lost and the car GPS was malfunctioning". There is no way am I going to tell them what happened between the two of us. Erik and Raven looked at Max with their eyebrows raised as if they knew exactly what happened, but Max avoided looking at them.

I grabbed Ollie and Roxy and took them inside the gallery before they could ask any more questions. The art gallery was nice and they even had a few activities as we went through the gallery. After the art gallery all of us decided to the local market since there were some nice shops. The local market was close by so we just walked there instead, when we got to the market it was crowded. There were all kinds of things to see in the market such as cafes, local street art, clothing stores, jewellery shops, and bakeries. We took our time to explore the place.

The girls told us that they wanted to go and buy some jewellery and that it would take time, so they would meet us later. It was starting to get pretty hot and Ollie suggested that we could wait in one of the cafes. We found a cafe nearby named Sunset and decided to go inside as it looked inviting. We just ordered some drinks to cool off while waiting for the girls to arrive. I texted the girls the location and the name of the cafe so that they don't get lost searching for us.

After half an hour the girls joined us and we ordered something to eat along with a refill for our drinks. When we were halfway through our meal I made the mistake of at the entrance of the cafe. Dean walked into the cafe with Jessica beside him can this situation get any worse? I looked away immediately and continued to listen to Erik talk about the art gallery that we had visited earlier. Suddenly I heard someone calling my name and when I looked up there stood Dean. Ugh, why did he come to our table Erik stopped talking and stared at Dean before saying," yes can we help you mister? Jace do you know this person?".

I clenched my hand into a fist in anger and took a deep breath before saying," what do you want Dean? you seem busy with Jessica so why are you here at our table?". Dean replied," Jason why are you behaving like this? I thought we were friends you don't need to be so rude". I can't believe that he said that we were friends after everything that happened between us. Soon Jessica also joined Dean at our table and the mood at the table took a turn for the worst.

Jessica attached herself to Dean and then she winked at me. I wonder why she thinks that I would be jealous. I excused myself and went to the bathroom since I was not in the mood to deal with them. After I finished my business in the bathroom and walked out Jessica threw herself at me. Then she started saying," Jacey boo I still love you come back to me. I know you felt jealous when you saw Dean and me together earlier, I know you still have feelings for me". I tried to push her off carefully as I did not want to hurt her otherwise I would be the one who would be blamed.

However, she did not get the hint and started running her hands all over my body. I had the urge to puke as she dug her nails into my skin through my shirt. I am pretty sure that I had nail marks. How do I get out of this situation? Think Jace there must be a way to get her off. Oh yeah, I can mind-link Max to help me out. So I took deep breaths to calm down and open my mind-link to call for Max. Max immediately responded by saying," Jace where are you? I thought you had gone to the bathroom, what is taking so long?". I replied," Max please help me Jessica is here and she is not letting go of me. When I came out of the bathroom she just came on to me and refuses to let go.

I tried to push her off gently since she is a girl, but man is her grip strong. I don't want to touch her otherwise she might accuse me that I touched her inappropriately". Max told me that he is on his way. Within a couple of minutes, I saw Max coming over with Raven and Roxy behind him. Roxy and Raven quickly pulled Jessica off and stood in front of me as Max rushed to my side. Roxy looked at Jessica and said," hey don't you have any shame for throwing yourself at other men when you already have a boyfriend? Plus Jace and you already broke up and you are the one who broke his heart. Now get out of here otherwise I will drag you out personally".