Chapter 31

Erik 

I was delighted that Oliver decided to stay and spend time with me. I told him all about werewolves, our pack and mates. I also told him about us being mates and he was shocked to hear that information. Oliver asked if we could take things slow and continue being friends for while, till he was comfortable taking our relationship to the next level. I was on board with that decision since I did not want to rush him.

It was already around 7 pm when Oliver said that he needs to pick up his car from Max's place and go home for dinner. Both of us went to Max's place together in my car and chatted on the way. When we arrived at Max's place and I went to ring the doorbell I could hear some sounds from inside. I hope they are not doing what I think they are doing in there, it would be so awkward. But I took a chance and rang the bell and Jason opened the door for us.

Both of us walked inside and I said," I hope we are not interrupting anything, it's just that Oliver needs to take his car. Jason looked at the two of us and said," no you are not interrupting anything. The noise you heard is our two new additions come on I'll show you, they are with Max at the moment". Two new additions? Oh no did they adopt kids already? But aren't they a little too young to be parents? I looked at Oliver slightly puzzled and he had the same expression as me.

All three of us went to the living room together and it was a sight to see. Max was laying on the floor with two little puppies on top of his chest licking his face. Once Max saw us slowly got up and placed the puppies on the floor. He grabbed a face wipe from the table and wiped his face and walked over to us. He looked at us and said, "Sorry about that the puppies are still getting used to us, we just got them today. The German Shepherd is called lucky and the Doberman is called dash".

Wow, they adopted puppies together that's amazing. We talked to each other for a couple of minutes and Oliver asked Jason for his car keys. Oliver asked Jason if he could come and play with the puppies after the trip to which Jason agreed. Oliver told us that he was heading home since it was getting late and that he would see us tomorrow. I told Max that I wanted to talk to him and Jason, so I will come back after seeing Oliver off.

Oliver and I walked together towards his car and he turned to me before saying," Erik thank you for today. It was nice to spend time with you and I can't wait to know more about you. I know we are mates and you agreed to take things slow. But please tell me or stop me if I ever hurt your feelings. Since all this is new to me just be patient with me please Erik". I looked at Oliver and said," I understand Oliver take your time, there is no rush. As I said before we will take things slow between us. Please be open and honest with me too, sometimes I tend to go a little overboard. Stop me or tell me if I ever make you uncomfortable Oliver".

Oliver nodded his head and said," Thank you for sharing that with me Erik. Well I need to get going now, I am running late for dinner with my family. See you tomorrow Erik good night". I pulled him into a hug and whispered," good night Oliver, sweet dreams. see you tomorrow". Then I pulled away and watched him get into his car. He looked at me one last time before driving away. I went inside Max's house and saw him and Jason in the kitchen cooking together.

Just looking at them together made me wish that Oliver and I have something like them too. I cleared my throat and entered the kitchen. The two of them snapped out of their world and looked at me. I looked at Jason and said," do you guys need any help with anything?". He told me to help him set the table. So I went to the cabinet and grabbed some plates and glasses along with some cutlery. Jason and I set the table together while Max brought the food to the table. They had made spaghetti with meatballs and garlic bread for dinner which looked delicious.

While we had dinner together Max looked at me before saying," Erik what is so important that you needed to speak to us?". I looked at them and said," Oliver is my mate and I need your help for me not to screw this up. Jason since the two of you are friends please can help me charm my mate? I mean like I want to know what topics I should avoid around him. We taking things slow and I want him to like me. Max, I told him that we are werewolves, sorry but I had to tell him. I also told him that he and I mates, though he said he will take time to process the information I am freaking out. I mean what if in the end he rejects me? Sorry, I am rambling but I am so nervous".

Jason and Max looked at each other and smiled. Why are they smiling at each other when I am freaking out here? Jason looked at me and said," first of all Erik breathe you are overreacting. I have known Ollie since diapers and he will come around just give him time. All this information about werewolves is new to him. Once he feels he is ready to take the next step with you he will tell you. Just be yourself around him and you will be fine, if you start behaving differently it will freak him out".

Ok so I just need to be myself around Oliver that's easy, I feel relieved after talking to the two of them. I looked at the two of them and said," thank you for listening to me and helping me guys. I appreciate it". Max looked at me before saying," any time Erik that's what we are here for right?". After dinner, I helped them clean up and bid them good night before heading home. I could not wait for tomorrow, all of us were going on a trip and the best part is that I get to spend time with Oliver. 

Please vote and comment 

What are your thoughts on the story? 

Until the next update!!!!