Chapter 19

Jason

It was finally the end of the week and the last mid-term exam was today. I was going over to meet Max's parents tomorrow. However, I was feeling very irritable and had a constant headache today. I felt like a girl on her period and kept snapping at everyone who talked to me. Earlier today, Ollie jumped on my back to give him a piggyback ride and I dropped him on the floor and told him to fuck off. Normally we would do that to each other for fun, but today I just was not in a mood.

The day had hardly begun and my mood was already so off. Ollie and Roxy walked silently beside me as we entered school. I wanted to be by Max's side right now, so I went to his locker but he was not there. Why can't I find him? Then I spotted him walking through the school doors. I ran to him and grabbed his hand before could utter a word, I just gave a small smile to Eric and Raven and then walked quickly with Max tripping behind me. I found an empty classroom so I went inside.

Once both of us were inside I closed the door and locked it. Luckily we had time before the first class started. Max looked so confused as I stood by the door, then I ran to him and jumped on him. Max was surprised and stumbled a little bit before he steadied himself and held me. He glanced at me and said, "sweetheart what's wrong? I didn't know you were that eager to see me". I buried my face in his neck and took a deep breath, my god he smelt like heaven. When I saw his neck I could help but kiss it, Max tightened his hold on me and said, "Sweetheart you're worrying me what's wrong?".

Then Max pulled my head back a little bit with his hand, he brought his head close to my neck. He sniffed my neck and his eyes flashed blue for a second and then they turned pitch black with lust. Max said, "sweetheart you're in heat and that's why you clinging to me like this. Let's go to the infirmary and get you some medicine to calm down the effects ok?". I nodded my head as I felt Max kiss my head. Max changed our positions so that he was carrying me on his back to make me feel more comfortable.

As we were walking down the hallway people stopped to stare at us and I glared at them. They all scurried away and I pushed myself even closer to Max with my face buried in his neck. We reached the infirmary and Max knocked on the door before walking inside. There stood a doctor who looked like he was in his 20s. He told us to come inside and take a seat, so Max gently put me on one of the beds in the infirmary. The doctor introduced himself as Tyler Hayes and he asked us what had happened.

Max looked at him and said," Tyler Jason is in heat and we need some medicines to reduce the effects". Tyler was shocked and then he glanced at me and then looked at Max before saying," Alpha Rex just a quick question are you mates?". Max nodded his head to answer his question. Tyler immediately shot up and ran to the cabinet to look for something, once he found it he came to me. He handed me a pill and said," this will reduce the effects of the heat, take one now. I will give you a few more but only take them if you are unable to bear the effects of the heat".

I nodded my head and took the pill as Max handed me a glass of water. Tyler said," it will take a few minutes for the medicine to work. You can go back to class, if still feel unwell you can come back and I can prescribe something stronger ok?". Max went to talk to Tyler for a minute and then he was back. Both of us thanked him and headed to class as we were running late. When we walked in everyone turned their head to stare at us. But we ignored them and Max handed a note to the teacher and we took our seats.

Our friends glanced at us with their eyes raised and I signalled to them that I will tell them later. After class was over our friends came to our table and Roxy asked me," where did the two of you go? Jason are you ok?". I replied," yeah sorry about this morning it's just that I have been feeling a little under the weather today". Erick and Raven looked at Max puzzled as he stared at them for a few minutes before looking at me again. I think Max explained to them through the mind link that's why they did ask me anything.

Max held my hand and rubbed it comfortingly which kind of kept me calm. Two more days of this torture I hope it goes smoothly. Plus I have to meet Max's parents tomorrow bummer couldn't this heat be at a later time? This day feels like it is going painfully slow and I just wanted to lay in bed. Our friends went back to their seats as the next class started and I laid my head on the table and closed my eyes for a few minutes. I felt Max kiss my head and then I heard him say," rest sweetheart don't worry about the class, I will inform the teachers ok?". I opened my eyes and whispered," you're the best babe".

After some time I felt someone shaking my shoulder so I opened my eyes. Max smiled at me and told me it was time for lunch as I slept through the morning classes. I was hungry and maybe if I had some coffee it would wake me up. Max and I walked to the cafeteria and stood in line for lunch. Once we got our food we sat down and I spotted a vending machine and told Max to get me some coffee. Max went to get some coffee from the vending machine as our friends came to take their seats.

When Max came back to the table with my coffee I grabbed it and opened it quickly to take a sip. Ollie looked at me and said," Jace are you sure you are ok? you look tired and your face looks a little flushed". I nodded my head before saying," yeah I am feeling much better, I just needed some coffee to wake up". Ollie did not look convinced but he did not question me any further for which I was grateful. I was not in the mood to talk much and thankfully I did not feel like jumping on Max anymore.

Max being close to me calmed me down and I was not snapping at anyone. My headache was also much better. Lunch was over soon and it was time to go back to class, so we dumped our trash and all walked to class together. Max and his friends were in all the same classes that Ollie, Roxy and I were in. It seems like they changed their schedule so that they could be with us in all our classes. It was time for our history mid-term exam and thank the heavens that it was our last exam. We took our seats and the teacher started handing out the paper after she took our attendance.

The mid-term exam was an hour long and it took forever to finish. I was finally done and then I heard the bell go off, just in time. We handed our papers to the teacher and she counted the papers before leaving the room. I breathe a sigh of relief as I took my seat next to Max and put my head on his shoulder. Max looked at me and said," Jace do you want to stay over at my place till your heat calm's down? I don't want you to be alone since you're experiencing the effects of the heat for the first time". I replied," I need to talk to my parents and ask for their permission ok?".

Max agreed and said that if they disagreed he could come through my bedroom window to keep me company. I laughed and told him that he was being cheesy but he looked dead serious. We had two more classes left and I felt like going back to sleep as I was exhausted. As the next two classes went on I kept looking at the clock waiting for the time to go faster. Then I heard the last bell ring and all the other students rushed out of the door. I took my time to go to my locker and put away my things.

Max and I went home separately since we both drove our cars to school and I needed to speak to my parents about Max's suggestion. When I reached home my parents and sister were not home. So I went to my room to take a shower since I was feeling kind of sweaty. When I was done with my shower I went downstairs to watch some tv, since we had no homework I could relax. Then I heard the front door open and my parents walked in along with my little sister Taylor.

They came and sat down in the living room and then I blurted out," umm... mom dad I tell you something important". Dad looked at me and said," what is it, son? why do you look so serious?". I faced them and said," I have recently found someone that I like". Both of them glanced at each other and looked at me so I continued to speak," the person I like is a guy and his name is Maximilian Rex and he is the same age as me. We recently started seeing each other". My parents were taken aback and did not say anything. I was anxiously waiting for them to say something.

Suddenly my mom came and hugged me before saying," that's so nice Jellybean that you found someone. we are truly happy for you, so what if that person is another boy". My dad came over next and hugged me too and said," introduce us to this boy that stole the famous bad boy Jason Hunter's heart. I can't wait to meet him and get to know more about him". Then I also told them about staying over at Max's place and about the trip that was coming up. They said they were ok with me staying over at Max's place as long as I was being responsible and used protection. When my parents said those words I was mortified and they just laughed at me.

Wait for the next update...