Chapter 26

Oliver

Erick has been constantly flirting with me every chance he gets and I don't know why but I find it cute yet annoying. Today Jason and I were going to spend time together and we were going to the mall. But when I reached the mall Erick and Max were there too and here I thought it was just going to be Jason and me.

I looked over at Erick and said," what is he doing here? Why is Max also here, I thought only the two of us were going to spend time together today". Jace told me that it was just a coincidence that we had made plans to go to the same place. Erick smiled and looked at me before saying," time for a double date yay I always wanted to try it. What do you say cupcake are up for it?". I was upset but Erick did not let it bother him as he grabbed my hand. I tried to free myself from his grip but was unable to do so and gave up. Erick looked at Max and said," what are you waiting for let's go the movie is going to start soon".

Erick walked ahead with me behind him while Jason and Max followed and watched the two of us in amusement. Seems like it was going to be a long day and there would be no escaping for me. I looked at Erick and said," let go, you big oaf I don't want to watch a movie with you or spend time with you. Today I was going to spend the with Jason why did you have to butt in and take over". He glanced at him and replied," well I wanted to spend some time with you too. Don't you like spending time with me my cutie pie?".

I just huffed and looked the other way since I was annoyed and did not want to respond to him. When we reached the movie theatre Erick asked me what I wanted to watch, but I did not respond to him. I was staring at the Avengers Endgame poster since I wanted to watch this movie. Max and Jason suddenly came and stood beside Erick and I heard him ask them if they wanted to see the same movie. Max was fine with it and Jason's eyes lit up when he saw the movie poster and he nodded his head in excitement.

We went up to the ticket counter and Max paid for him and Jason. While Erick paid for himself and me, I was upset that Erick paid for me when I insisted that I could pay for my ticket. He told me that I could buy the ticket next time. I hope there is no next though as I was not interested in hanging out with him.

After that Jason and I went to get some popcorn and drinks because watching a movie feels incomplete without snacks. Max and Erick were chatting with each other while they waited for the two of us near the entrance of the movie theatre. Once we got the snacks Max and Erick helped the two of us carry them inside. We took our seats and watched the trailers play for the upcoming movies with excitement.

Jason and I sat next to each other while Max and Erick sat on either side of the two of us. When the movie began Jason and I were focused on the movie while eating popcorn. I saw Erick reach out to take some popcorn and I slapped his hand away. He tried again and I looked at him for a moment and whispered, "mine".

He leaned close to my ear and whispered," please cuite share some popcorn with me. I am also yours and sharing is caring". My face turned red and I said," fine I will share this time but next time you get your own". I accidentally said that statement and he caught on pretty quickly and said, " oh so there is going to be a next huh cupcake. I can't wait to go on a date with you alone just let me know when you are available". I glanced at him before saying," when are you going to stop flirting with me, Erick? I told you I am not interested and I do not swing that way. Now let me focus on the movie we can talk later".

After that, Erick stopped talking because I was so engrossed in the movie. Occasionally Erick would take some popcorn from my bucket while watching the movie. Once the movie was over all of us walked out of the theatre together. Just then I heard somebody call Erick's name so I turned around since I was curious and there stood a girl. She was extremely beautiful with black hair which was just above her shoulders. She had pretty round eyes and was as tall as a model.

She came running and jumped into Erick's arms, did they date each other or something? They could be friends though, wait why am I so bothered about their relationship? She let go of Erick and looked at me before saying," Hi I am Misaki Erick's friend from middle school". I replied," Hello I am Oliver his friend from high school, nice to meet you". Max and Jason came over and Misaki said," Max I have not seen you in a long time. How have you been and who is this beside you? Max glanced at Jason and said," Yeah it has been a long time. I have been doing well and this is my boyfriend Jason. Jason just looked at Misaki and smiled.

Misaki went over to Erick and looped her arm along with his before saying," do you guys want to grab lunch together?". I was getting hungry and the others also agreed so we walked together to the food court. While Misaki and Erick walked ahead I went to talk to Jason and Max. I did not want to interrupt Erick and Misaki as they look like they are in their own world. When Erick saw turned to look at me I immediately looked the other way, because I was feeling slightly annoyed. I just did not like how close she was sticking to Erick I mean there is something called personal space.

Can this day go any faster I want to just go home and relax? We reached the food court and all of us went to different restaurants to place our orders. Once we got our food we sat down together. Misaki and Erick were sitting next to each other, while I sat across from Erick with Jason and Max sitting next to me. Looking at Misaki and Erick share food made them seem like a couple. Erick glanced at me again and before he could say anything I turned my head to talk to Jason. I know I was being rude to him, but I did not understand why I was behaving this way with him.

As soon as we were done eating I escaped to the washroom to clear my head. When I was done with my business and was washing my hands. Erick walked in through the door and I looked at him and then went to dry my hands. He walked towards me and placed his hands on either side of the wall where I was standing. I was unable to get away and then Erick said," Oliver why are you avoiding me? What have I done that you refuse to look at me or talk to me?".

This is the first time he called me by my name and not by cutie pie or cupcake as he usually did and that stung. This means that he was serious or genuinely upset with me that I was not talking to him. I need to sought out my feelings before I talk to him because I feel like I would blurt out something I do not mean and it might hurt his feelings. 

Please wait for the next update