Chapter 12

Max

It was Saturday today and Raven called me to ask if we could do a group study at my place since some of their relatives were visiting home. Raven said that she had asked Roxy and her friends to join too. I was not going to say no now that Jason was going to come over and I needed to talk to him about what he saw that day in the woods.

After my workout, I had a quick breakfast since I was starving. It was almost time for everyone to come over so I went to take a shower. I was almost done in the shower when I heard the doorbell ring. I grabbed the towel and rushed downstairs to open the door, it was Jason I could smell him. He was early and luckily no one else had arrived yet so I had some time alone with him. I was just wearing a towel and water was still dripping down my hair and body when I opened the door and smirked at Jason.

He was staring at me shamelessly and I was so glad that he was appreciating my body. Ares was trying to push forward when he saw our mate admiring us. I opened my mouth and said," hi sweetheart you're early, come inside sorry I was in the shower that's why I look like this". I was not sorry at all though. I let him in and walked toward the kitchen as Jason closed the door behind him. I took out a bottle of water from the fridge and went to lean against the counter I slowly took a sip of water and Jason took a seat next to me near the counter.

I put down the bottle of water and stared at Jason as I went closer to Jason. I said to him, how have you been sweetheart? it's been a while since we saw each other". He replied that he has been doing ok, just been busy with his studies. then asked me where I had been for the last two weeks. why is there a bruise on my back? I was a little taken aback by all the questions he was asking me.

I pulled him closer and said, " I had some personal issues to take care of that's why I was not there for the last two weeks. I accidentally fell on my back because I had slipped on a giant rock so it left a bruise. Don't worry I am doing ok Jace". I took his hand and dragged him upstairs to my room and closed the door behind me. I made him sit on my bed, while I went to get dressed in the bathroom. While I was in the bathroom I thought that Jace would have some other questions to ask me so I changed my clothes quickly.

I came out of the bathroom and said, "I get a feeling that you still have something else to ask me. Just ask me what you want to know I will try to answer whatever I can". As soon as I uttered those words Jace started shooting questions left and right about me being a werewolf and that he was worried about me as I did not seem the same after two weeks. My mate was so concerned about my well-being that it made me happy.

When James told me that Jason saw me change into a werewolf. He had knocked him out so that Jason won't follow me anymore. I was afraid that Jace would not want to be close to me that's why I wanted to talk to him today. Since he has seen me for who I am it would make it a little easier to talk. I took a deep breath before replying, "So you saw it huh? Now are you afraid of who I am, do you think I am dangerous?." I did not deny it when he asked me about being a werewolf.

This time Jace walked toward me and said, "No I am not afraid of you because I have spent time with you. I know that even though you are a werewolf, you are still you there is nothing different. Yes, you change into a wolf and a gorgeous one too but, Max I want to know more about you". I smiled at him and said," you want to know more about me huh? my wolf is gorgeous? thank you for accepting me as who I am Jason. I am so happy to know that curious about me and complimented my wolf. Sweetheart, there are a couple of things that you need to know about werewolves and I will tell you about them later tonight. Jace would you want to spend the night here so I can tell you more about myself?".

Jason agreed to spend the night at my place I was over the moon and Ares was pacing around in my head with excitement. Just then we heard the doorbell looks like the rest of the gang is here. Both of us went downstairs and Jason opened the front door while went to set up the living room. Everyone came to the living room and took their respective places, Jace surprised me by taking a seat next to me. Erick wedged himself between Oliver and Roxanne so that he could sit next to him. Oliver tried to shove him away however, he did not budge and stuck to Oliver. Roxanne, Ray and Jason were laughing at their antics, so I discreetly brushed my hand on Jace's thigh.

Jace immediately stopped laughing and grabbed my hand. He glanced at me and I smiled at him, Jason raised his eyebrow and gestured to my hand. But I did not remove it and he also let me hold his hand. Thankfully nobody noticed and took out their books to start studying. We were all busy discussing the study material till lunchtime and Ray's stomach started rumbling. We took a break and ordered pizza for all of us, while I went up to my room to put some books away. When I saw Jason lying on my bed with his eyes closed, I carefully put my books away so that I did not wake him up.

I went and laid down next to him while he slept and closed my eyes too. It had been maybe around 20 minutes later that Raven came up and knocked on my door. I opened the door and told her that we will be down in a couple of minutes. She nodded her head and walked away, while I went to wake up Jace who was fast asleep. I shook his shoulder and whispered, "sweetheart it's time to wake up, the pizza is here". As soon as I said pizza he woke up and banged his head against mine. We both held our heads and laughed at each other.

He went to my bathroom to freshen up while I made my bed again. Both of us went down and we could smell the pizza in the air. We found that everyone was enjoying the pizza in the living room and chatting. We took our seats and each grabbed a slice of pizza and one can of soda with it. Erick then said that we all should go for a small trip soon as we would be getting a break for one week due to some renovations that will take place in school.

Oliver and Roxanne were trying to come up with ideas when Raven said we should go to the beach. It was getting a little hot and it was a perfect place to relax and we could stay at their family's holiday house. Everyone liked the idea and Raven said she would take care of all the arrangements along with Erick. After lunch, we got back to studying the rest of the chapters for the exam.

It was around 6 pm when Oliver said that we should call it a day and go home. Everyone started to pack up their stuff. One after another we all went to the door and all of them got into their cars. Oliver came over and pulled Jason aside to talk about something before he walked away. Jason came back and stood next to me, while all of them left. He went to his car and left his bag in the car. He grabbed another bag and both of us went inside I closed the door behind me.

Comment and Vote