Chapter 34

Jason 

We were enjoying our time at the beach and having lunch together when I felt someone tap on my shoulder. When I turned around, there stood someone I did not expect to see at all: Jessica Parker, my ex-girlfriend. What was she doing here? I wonder how she found me here of all places. I immediately grabbed her hand and dragged her away from everyone because I did want to create a scene in front of them. Plus, I had not told Max about her yet, so it was for the best.

When we were far away from everyone I left Jessica's hand and we stood facing each other. Then I said," Jessica what are you doing here? I told you we were through right, so please explain yourself". Jessica took a step closer to me but I stepped back so she stopped and said," I am here for a vacation with my family, I saw you getting out of a car when in the parking lot. I just wanted to talk to you Jase please listen to me, sleeping with Dean Thomas was a mistake. He dumped me a few days later I realized that he was not worth it. However, it was already too late to get back together with you since you changed schools. Please give chance let's start over again and get back together".

I took a deep breath before saying," Jessica I am sorry but I can't get back together with you again. I am already in a relationship with someone so please forget about me. Move on and find somebody else, Jessica. I don't have feelings for you anymore so please leave me alone". Jessica suddenly came and clung to me tightly, I gently pushed her away and said," Jessica stop behaving like this. I already told you that I am in a relationship with someone." Jessica replied," Just wait Jase I will make you fall in love with me again and we will be together soon. Whoever you are dating right now will be gone in no time."

I refused to listen to Jessica and walked away before things could turn ugly. I am so happy with Max right now, why did she have to come and ruin everything? I went back to my friends and Max thankfully Jessica did not follow me. I sat next to Max in silence since was not in the mood to talk to anyone at the moment. I also did not want to say anything since I feared I would say something that I don't mean to everyone. We all spent some more time at the beach till it started getting cooler. All of us packed all our things and went to our cars to head back to the holiday house.

When we reached the holiday house I went up to Max and my room, and Max followed me upstairs. I went to my bags and took my things to freshen up before heading to the bathroom. I need some time to myself and to think things through and I felt like it was time to tell Max about my past relationship with Jessica. Once I was done with my shower and got ready I opened the bathroom door to see if Max was there. Luckily he was not there so I put away my dirty clothes and sat on the bed with my headphones and listened to some music. It helped calm my nerves.

Suddenly the bed dipped next to me and I saw Max getting on the bed. I put away my headphones and phone. I took a deep breath and said," Don't you want to ask me what happened on the beach?" Max replied," I want to know but I will wait until you are comfortable enough to share it with me". I scooted closer and hugged him before saying, " She is my ex-girlfriend and her name is Jessica Parker. She was the one who broke my heart by cheating on me. I found her sleeping with another guy on the soccer team on our 2nd anniversary. I had gone to her house to give her a surprise and went up to her room. But there I heard her moaning a guy's name so I opened the door to confirm my suspicions.

There she was laying on the sheets with a guy on top of her and when I called her name she was startled. Jessica immediately pushed the guy and covered herself with the bed sheet. Then she said the classic dialogue "it's not what it looks like", I mean I could see that it was consensual. I also got to see the guy's face it was Dean Thomas of course, she would go for a jock. I told her we were through and left her house before she could say anything. I threw the gift and flowers that I had bought for her. I know cliche right?".

When I said those words tears fell from my eyes so Max pulled me into a hug. I hugged him closer and said, " Sorry for getting your t-shirt wet babe, I am just a little upset seeing her again. She was the one who had asked me out and I fell for her hard. I just did not expect her to do that to me. I promise I will be ok and I don't want to spoil the holiday mood for all of us". Max gently stroked my head and replied," Thank you for telling me even though it was difficult for you to share it. It's alright I understand if you need some time, but always know I am there for you if you need me". After saying that the two of us stayed in bed till it was time for dinner.

It was around 7 pm that we decided we should go and join the others downstairs. So we took turns in the bathroom to fix our appearance and change our clothes. After that, we headed down together and went to the living room. All our friends were watching a movie together so we took our seats on one of the couches. They were watching Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and who doesn't love Harry Potter? It is one of the best movies plus Emma Watson is so gorgeous. So we watched the movie for half an hour before we all started getting hungry.

All of us wanted to eat different things so we found a restaurant nearby which catered to all our needs and so made reservations quickly. We only took two cars Oliver, Erik, Raven and Roxy in one car, and Max and I in one car. It took us around 20 minutes to get to the restaurant, and all of us went inside together. We asked the lady at the front desk about our reservation and she confirmed it before taking us to the table that was reserved for us. Once all of us were seated a waiter came by and handed us the menu.

We took some time to decide what we wanted to eat before we called the waiter to take our order. We ordered some appetizers first: shrimp cocktail, calamari and jumbo prawns along with some drinks. We chatted with each other while we waited for our food and drinks to arrive. Our drinks came a couple of minutes later but the appetizers were still taking some time. I just glanced around the restaurant because the ambience was good and it was decorated beautifully. Then I saw Jessica enter the restaurant and her family was right behind her.

Oh god, why did she have to come here of all places? Anyway, as long as she does not see me it's good. As soon as I thought about those words she looked right in my direction, just my luck right? She quickly turned to her parents and said something before she started towards our table. Jessica came and said," Jase it's so great to see you again so soon. Come and my family, they want to meet you again". She then turned to Oliver and Roxy before saying," Ollie and Roxy so nice to see you guys again. How are you guys doing?". Oliver looked at her and said," We are doing ok Jessica thanks for asking, but please can you leave from the table? We are trying to have a nice dinner together". Oliver and Roxy did not like Jessica anymore after she cheated on me so that's why he was speaking to her like that.

However, she refused to leave and sat right next to me attaching herself to my arm. When I looked at Max he was fuming so I grabbed Jessica's arm and took it off. I grabbed Max's hand under the table to calm him down. He took some deep breaths before saying," Excuse me Jessica but please can you leave? My boyfriend and I along with our friends are trying to have a nice time together and you are getting in the way". Jessica looked at Max and said," Excuse who are you to talk to me that way?".

Max put our joint hands on the table and she was shocked she looked at the two of us and then at our hands once again. She said," Jason you are gay now? When did you decide to get a boyfriend? No no, I know you are doing this just so that I would leave you alone. There is no way that you like guys Jase please tell me you are joking". I took a deep breath and said," Jessica I told you we were over and I have a boyfriend now. I don't owe you any explanation about my relationship with my boyfriend. Now please stop creating a scene and please leave us alone".

Jessica got up and looked at me and said," Jase just wait I will have you and nothing is going to stop me not even your so-called "boyfriend". Then she walked away from the table and we all released a sigh of relief. But Max was still a little tensed so I gently rubbed circles on his hand to calm him down. We finished our dinner quickly and got out of the restaurant so that we would not run into Jessica again. 

Please vote and comment !!

What is going to happen next ? What is Jessica planning? 

Wait for the next update....