Chapter 50

Max

I was still in the hospital but my injuries were almost healed now and I was ready to go look for Jace and our friends. I tried to get out of the hospital a couple of times but the pack warriors caught me each time. My dad filled the hospital with warriors because he knew that I would try to escape. Tomorrow I would finally be discharged from the hospital along with Erik and Raven. While I was thinking about such things I could feel that someone was trying to mind-link me.

When I put my mind barrier down I heard Erik say," Max listen to me carefully some pack warriors found a car which was had an accident a couple of miles away from the pack house. They found out about the accident while they were on patrol. Jason, Oliver and Roxy were in that car". I immediately got up from the bed and ran out toward Erik's room. I pushed the door open and walked up to his bed and said," Where are the three of them now Erik? Do the pack warriors know for sure that it was the three of them, they could be mistaken".

Erik put a hand on my shoulder and replied," I am sure because I had given my dad a picture of them and he shared it with the pack warriors. The pack warriors confirmed the identities and the three of them are now being brought here". Erik was also looking very anxious so I did not push him to say anything further. Both of us rushed to the entrance of the hospital to see our mates and Roxanne.

Raven was already waiting at the entrance of the hospital when we arrived. Then we heard a car stop in front of the hospital and the warriors got out holding three bodies. The moment I laid eyes on Jace my heart broke into pieces. The warriors walked inside and placed the bodies on three different beds. The doctors and nurses pushed Erik, Raven and me out of the room so that they could get to work. After a couple of hours, we could finally go and see the three of them.

When I entered Jace's room tears were streaming down my face as I saw him hooked up to different machines. He had a bandage on his head and a cast on his right hand along with multiple bruises on his face and neck. Jace also had a dislocated shoulder and a sprain on his left foot. I walked up to his bed and caressed his cheek gently and kissed his forehead carefully. Erik and Raven came in shortly to see Jace before they hugged me tightly to comfort me.

The three of us stood there hugging each other for a while and crying. Raven pulled away first and said," I can't believe we failed to save them first and now they laying in the hospital". Erik let go and wiped his tears and replied," I wish we could have saved them sooner, but damn the warriors won't let us leave". I looked at two of them and asked," How are Oliver and Roxanne doing? Sorry I did not go to see them yet".

Raven replied," Roxy has a broken wrist and multiple bruises on the body along with a concussion on the head. Oliver on the other hand has sprained his left hand and bruised his right ribs. He also has some cuts and bruises on his face, the doctor said that it will take them time to heal. We should inform their families about their condition, I am sure they would be worried". I agreed with Raven and mind-linked my parents to come to the hospital immediately.

My parents came rushing a few minutes later along with Erik and Raven's parents. We all went into one of the empty rooms to talk. My dad looked at me and said," What happened,son?". I took a deep breath and replied," Mom, Dad, Uncle Will, Aunt Julia we need your help. Please can you please talk to our mates' parents and Roxanne's parents and give them an explanation? They would be worried about not being able to contact their children and we can't leave our mates' side at the moment".

Uncle Will looked at us and replied," Of course Max we understand leave it to us, both of you stay beside your mates. Raven will be with Roxanne at all times so don't worry so much about her ok. None of you are in a condition to step out of the hospital anyway so we will handle the rest". All of us rushed to our parents and gave them a tight hug in response as we were relieved. Our parents left came and saw the three of them briefly before leaving the hospital.

It was already late in the evening when the three of us headed downstairs to the cafeteria to grab a quick bite to eat. None of us had an appetite but we needed to eat something so that we could take our medicines. We had a light meal together before the three of us went on our separate ways. When I was back in Jace's room I grabbed a chair and took a seat next to his bed. I grabbed his hand gently and gazed at his face with a sad smile on my face since I was happy to see him. However, seeing him injured and unconscious hurt me the most, because it shows that I failed to protect him.

He was kidnapped right in front of me and I could not do anything. Then he escaped on his own with his friends and got into a car accident. Tears started falling before I knew it and I completely broke down in front of him. Suddenly I felt his fingers move slightly and my head snapped up to look at his face. I saw that he was struggling to open his eyes and I whispered," Jace sweetheart can you hear me? Open your eyes slowly no need to rush".

It took him a few minutes and but he finally opened his eyes. His eyes looked unfocused for a few seconds and he blinked a few times. Then he looked around the room till his eyes landed on me. Jace uttered the words that I dreaded," Um... excuse me but who are you?". 

Plot twist !!!!!!

Jace does not remember Max !!!! 

What do you think will happen next? 

Comment and vote please !!!! 

Until the next update ...