Chapter 47

Max

Ugh...my head hurts and even my body is aching, I wonder what happened? I could hear a beeping sound in the background and smell the disinfectant. Ah, I am in the pack hospital, at least I made it back. I hope Erik and Raven arrived safely and received medical attention. When I opened my eyes I noticed that Liam was sitting beside my bed with his head down and tears in his eyes.

I squeezed his hand gently and he immediately looked at me with a smile. He pressed the red button next to my bed and in a few minutes, Dr. Melody Tanner walked into the room. My parents followed inside right after the doctor. Dr. Tanner looked at me and said," Alpha you are awake, how are you feeling?". I replied," My head feels heavy and my body is paining, please can tell me how bad my injuries are doc and how many days has it been?". She glanced at her chart and said," Well you have two fractured ribs on the left side, and you have sprained your left hand and your right foot. You have also suffered a concussion and have multiple bruises on your body. It has been two days since you passed out at the front of the pack house".

I also asked Dr.Tanner about Erik and Raven's condition and she said that they were also in a similar condition. She checked my vitals and told me that it would take two weeks for all the injuries to heal. It would also take the same amount of time for Raven and Erik to recover from the fight. Two weeks are you kidding me, I don't have that much time I need to go and save Jace, Oliver and Roxanne. I wonder where they are and who has kidnapped the three of them.

Once Dr.Tanner left the room my parents walked over to my bedside and I saw my mom in tears too. My dad's eyes were also red and watery and Liam refused to leave my side. My mom said," Max honey we were all so worried seeing Erik, Raven and you all bloody and bruised. What happened to the three of you and where are Jason, Oliver and Roxanne?". I took a deep breath and replied," Mom and Dad we were attacked by a pack of rouges on the way back home. We were outnumbered and they kidnapped Jace, Oliver and Roxanne while we were busy fighting".

My dad patted my shoulder gently and said," Max the three of you should focus on recovering first. William and I will take over the pack duties and make a plan to rescue Jason, Oliver and Roxanne". I was going to protest but one look from my dad and I knew he was right. Erik, Raven and I were not in a condition to fight and we need a proper plan to rescue the three of them. My parents said that I should rest for a while and that they would be back later and they took Liam with them. He was reluctant to leave my side but I could see how exhausted he was so I told him that I would see him after he gets some rest.

Liam made a sad face and followed my parents out of the room. After they left I tried to mind-link Jace, but I could not get through to him. Oh god, even the mind-link is not working how am I supposed to find out where they are being kept? Damn it I hate being so weak, I need to recover fast so that I can go rescue Jace and my friends by myself. I grabbed my phone from the bedside table and texted Dr.Tanner to give me a stronger dose of the medicines. She texted back saying that she will give them to me after I get a little more strength in my body.

I decided to mind-link Erik and Raven to check with them about their condition. Erik said that he had fractured his left hand, and sprained his shoulder and right foot. He also had many bruises on his torso. He asked me about my condition and I quickly told him about my injuries. I let Erik know that our dads are going to be taking over our duties for the time being and they would also be making a rescue plan for Oliver, Roxanne and Jason. Erik responded by saying that he refuses to wait around and he is going to rescue his mate as soon as possible.

I told him I feel the same way, but we can't be rash as our injuries are yet to heal. If we make a single mistake we would be putting everyone's lives at stake. So we need to be careful and think things through before taking an action. Erik was not so happy listening to this suggestion, but he agreed since it was the right thing to do. Erik said that he would talk to me later as his parents had come to visit him. When I tried to mind-link Raven she did not respond. Maybe she was asleep so I decided that I would talk to her later.

While I was laying down on the bed a million things were running through my mind. Then I heard the door open and I saw Liam walk in with a book in his hand. He came and sat beside my bed and said," Maxy I am back to keep you company so that you won't be lonely and since I was not able to fall asleep. I had a chicken sandwich and salad for lunch today, it was so delicious. What are you going to be having lunch?". When I opened my mouth to reply the door opened again and a nurse walked in with a food tray.

She set the tray down on the table and then brought it closer to me. There was salmon and steamed vegetables along with some pudding for lunch. After the nurse left Liam sat in front of me and on the bed while being careful of my legs. He started to cut the salmon into bite-size pieces and fed them to me. Liam glanced at me and said," Maxy you have always taken care of me when I was sick, now it's my turn to take care of you, big bro". I smiled and ruffled his hair because I was so touched by his gesture.

The two of us talked for a bit and then he started reading to me. Listening to Liam's voice I soon felt myself falling asleep.

Please vote and comment !!!!

What is going to be the big rescue plan? 

Can Max, Erik and Raven make in time for the rescue or will Jason, Oliver and Roxanne beat them to it by escaping themselves? 

Until the next update...