Chapter 13

Jason

Earlier in the day, Max acted cheeky by putting his hand on my thigh while we were studying. I don't understand his antics. He has a habit of touching or resting his hand on me, why does he do that I wonder? Hopefully, all my questions will be answered tonight. I took a nap in his bedroom because I was tired in the afternoon. I am starting to treat his house like my own and it scares me a bit how comfortable I feel around him.

Oliver asked me before he left if I was coming over to stay with him tonight. I told him that I was staying over at Max's for a change as I wanted to get to know him better. Thankfully Oliver did not think too much about what I said and left. Now it was just Max and me in this big house all alone. Max grabbed my hand and pulled me over to the couch in the living to sit down.

Both of us got comfortable on the couch and Max started talking about himself, "my full name is Maximilian Maddox Rex and my family consists of my parents and little brother. I am a werewolf and my wolf's name is Ares. I am the Alpha of the Spirit Walkers pack which has 1000 pack members. Do you have any questions so far?". I shook my head and told him to continue. He began again, "the alpha is the leader of the pack and his mate is called a Luna. Luna is the alpha's equal and has the same authority as him or her. There can be male alpha and female alpha. The Luna can be male or female we do not discriminate in the werewolves world. Erick is my beta who is the second in command, so he is in charge when I am not around". It did not surprise me that Erick was a werewolf since he hangs out with Max all the time.

He continued with his explanation," there are quite a lot of werewolves in school and all the teachers are too. James is an omega and they can give birth to children. In our pack omegas are treated equally and train with the pack every day. Some packs do not treat omegas the same because they are considered weak. Omegas are considered motherly and have a gentle nature.

In our world male werewolves can give birth to children if they have a male mate. I know it sounds crazy and unrealistic but it is true. Us werewolves have soulmates and the moon goddess creates the pairs". My eyes went wide and my eyebrows rose in awe as I heard that male werewolves were able to give birth too. So all teachers are werewolves huh that's good to know. Wolves have mates I wonder if Max has found his mate already and just the thought of that makes me uneasy.

Max carried on, "mates are special to us werewolves and we cannot live without them. Mates go through something called heat which makes them want to sleep with their mate in order to have children. It happens for 3 days every month and the individual's body starts to feel extremely hot. Some other symptoms of heat are headache, body aches and nausea. Only their mates are able to calm them down and some people take some medicines to reduce the effects of the heat". This is a lot to take in and there is so much information about werewolves. I thought he was done explaining when he said there is still a little more to explain.

Max suggested we should move to the kitchen since it was almost dinner time. I quickly texted my dad that I am staying over at a friend's place. Both of us walked into the kitchen and then Max asked me what I wanted to have for dinner. I said I was fine with having anything. I asked him if he wanted any help and he said if I could wash the vegetables for him and cut them. I knew my way around the kitchen since I would help my mom in the kitchen as a child.

I learnt how to cook because I wanted to help my mom and I did not really mind it. Max looked like a kitchen wiz. We talked about random things like what kind of food we like to eat. Before you know it dinner was made, chicken and rice simple yet it looked delicious. Both of us sat across from each other and Max started talking again," there are a few more important things you should know about werewolves. We have something called a mind link which allows us to communicate with our pack members through the mind. If there is a person who does not have a mind link they get one once they have been added to the pack. Only the alpha has the power to allow a new member to join the pack as there is a ritual that takes place for that to happen.

However, if a person turns out to be a mate of the pack member, he or she would be able to use the mind link after the mate has been marked. Marking is a way to show other pack members that they have mates and that they are taken. We bite the mate where the neck meets the shoulder to claim our mate. Once the mate is marked they get a tattoo on their neck that they are taken. The mate can be human or werewolf it does not matter we love them regardless.

We also have some werewolves who are called rouges and these werewolves are dangerous. They are werewolves that have been banished from their pack for serious crimes. There can be exceptions where they became a rouge due to circumstances. We just need to be careful as some of them can go a bit crazy. I think all the basics are covered and if there is anything else you want to know just ask me".

We were done with dinner and I just sat there to process what all Max just told me. He came around and cleared my plate. Max rinse the plates and put them in the dishwasher and walked toward me. He stood in front of me and held my face before saying, "there is one last thing I forgot to tell you. You are my mate sweetheart and you are all mine. These sparks that you feel only a mate can give you this feeling. I feel the same when you touch me and it feels sensual. This my mate that you feel is called a mate bond between the two of us. We werewolves are extremely possessive about our mates sweetheart keep that in mind".

When he said those words I almost fell off the chair and he steadied me. I am Max's mate oh my god seriously? I looked at him and said, "I am your mate Max? no wonder you have a habit of touching me all the time. Oh now I get it you were jealous when Tammy Jenkins was trying to flirt with me". He huffed and rolled his eyes at me before saying, "well you are my mate and that bitch was all over you". Did Max just swear and man did he look hot when he was pissed and jealous?

Both of us went up to his room for the night since we were tired. He told me to use his bathroom while he used the guest room bathroom. He came back to the room and asked me if I wanted to sleep in the guest room. I told him I don't mind sharing the bed with him in his bedroom. He looked happy that I was not going to the guest room, I guess werewolves are attached to their mates huh? So laid down on one end of the bed while he was on the other side of the bed.

He looked at me and said, "don't worry I won't do anything to you. I mean unless you do anything to me while I am asleep. Good night sweetheart sweet dreams". He smirked and winked at me before closing his eyes. I was shocked to see this side of Max he was being all flirty with me. I can't believe I thought he was an innocent nerd, who keeps himself buried in books. Well, now that I am his mate I can't wait to discover and know more about him. I glanced at him one last time before falling asleep listening to Max's shallow breathing next to me.

Comment and Vote