chapter 19 a broken promise

Last time

the sorroundings around them might as well be black right here right now they were the only people left alive and only one is gonna be left the king or the underdog

Now

*for izuku the world slowed down he could feel the strain his body is holding but at the same time he couldn't sense it all he could feel was...*

Izuku:blood...i want you're blood!!!

*The audience fell silent as the normal underdog hero was now smiling just as big as Grimmjow his eyes we're moving all over the place as there punches connected sadly for izuku Grimmjow connect first in a matter of seconds Grimmjow managed to punch izuku 13 times in one breath izuku spits out blood as he's pushed back*

Announcement:as previously said in Grimmjow's previous matches his quirks name is bloodlust he can sent a aroma so powerful it makes his opponents go into a animalistic type state where all he want it's to kill him no strategy only rage!

*More blood fell from izuku's nose but izuku didn't care he even licked it*

Izuku:blood blood BLOOD!!!

*Izuku ran towards Grimmjow you would think since it was his quirk Grimmjow would be fine but that couldn't be further from the truth*

Grimmjow:yes more blood!!

*His Quirk also affects him and Grimmjow loves it both opponents came running to the other again and started throwing punches without reason without strategy it was like watching two hungry wolves fight for a piece of meat sadly for izuku Grimmjow had more experience in this state which means*

Grimmjow:cero..

*Grimmjow lifted his hand in front of izuku as a red sphere aura sorrounded Grimmjow's hand and he fired at point blank range*

Announcer: he's done it folks Grimmjow's second quirk the cero!! It allows Grimmjow to manifest his bloodlust into a physical move with enough strength to kill whatever it touches as soon as the smokes clear we will see only Grimmjow!!

*The dust cleared and the audience was in silence izuku was just fine but Grimmjow had his sword impaled through his gut*

Izuku:the thing about being washed up..

*Izuku got up and fixed his broken nose the first punch Grimmjow ever landed was in Izuku's nose breaking it making it so izuku couldn't smell the bloodlust quirk*

Izuku:you got nowhere to go but up...

*As izuku was about to walk away Grimmjow grabbed Izuku's head making him flinch in shock his eyes starting all over the place*

Izuku"h..how is he..?!"

Grimmjow:still alive? Heh not a bad move kid pretending to be under the influence of the bloodlust but you weren't the first one to counter it the first was yujiro hanma and he gave me this as thanks

*Grimmjow lifted his shirt and izuku's eyes widen as Grimmjow took his sword*

Grimmjow:one punch...that's all it took for him to pierce a hole in my stomach and give me this huge scar heh to him we're nothing more then ants what's a king to a god as they saw but you?

*Grimmjow lifted izuku up in the air while izuku struggled to get free while Grimmjow other hand was building up another cero*

Grimmjow:you are not a king you are not a god what are you izuku Midoriya?!

Izuku:i am..worse

*Izuku grabbed Grimmjow wristed and used that to push himself down in the process ripping off a huge chunk of his hair and scalp making izuku scream in pain as his head was bleeding while screaming didn't stop him he swept Grimmjow of his feet grabbing the zero arm and putting it to Grimmjow's face just as it exploded*

*Izuku fell backwards by the force of the explosion groaning loudly in pain tears falling freely from his eyes he looked so helpful pathetically so*

Grimmjow:is that the best you got? Cheap tricks don't work on me..

*The dust settled and izuku eyes widen at Grimmjow new form*

Grimmjow; you're mistake using my own move izuku Midoriya you are a interesting fighter but

*Izuku was lifted to the air again by his neck so there was no escape this time no cheap tricks izuku looked back and there was Grimmjow he looked in front just as the after image disappeared*

Izuku:what is a fighter to a king..

*Izuku said his tone showed defeat izuku was pushed to his limit he had nothing more to give*

Izuku:quarter finals huh...not bad for a quirkless loser huh...

Grimmjow:no..not bad at all

*Izuku gave a smile to the crowd before he received a fury of kidney punched before Grimmjow threw him to the ground izuku pukes up his puke was nothing but blood as his vision was failing him his eyelids fell so heavy*

*As Grimmjow lifted his hand towards izuku a cero started charging up the world slowed down for izuku*

Izuku"this.. can't be the end...I'm..not ready to go yet..move...move damn it..i said.."

Izuku:MOVE!!!

*izuku screamed bloodly murder as he jumped out of the way as the cero hit creating another dust cloud izuku used it to his advantage and ran to Grimmjow in a moment it all change in a moment a promise was broken when the dust cleared out came izuku the victor but Grimmjow had his sword pierced through his brain izuku looked up looking at no one in specific but does who believed in him knew what was going threw his head*

Izuku;I'm...sorry..

*Izuku passed out as his eyes closed he saw Grimmjow lifeless body and knew he will never be the same again*

To be continued

Izuku father makes his appearance in inko's reaction, and old friend comes to visit momo makes her presents known in this fanfic the jail ark is coming to an end by the end of this month or skip ahead on Patreon and if you're wondering why I'm telling you all this I'm just trying to fill the chapter to hit my quota of 1000 words 🤣