chapter 144 first trial

Author note:yes I know divorce trials aren't exactly like how I wrote it but I needed to make it more interesting . So we're going for the Phoenix right version

Last time

*We see her driving her car to the courthouse after so long 143 days almost 5 months of Mirio turning in to some obsessed freak it was finally time for nejire to start her romantic life again.

Now

*Nejire sighed as she parked at the courthouse and got out looking at the building with mixed feelings*

Marasu:scared?

*Nejire a veteran pro hero, been through a war against the meta liberation organization. Jumped scared out her mind as she flys up In the air. She looked down and saw her lawyer Masaru bakugo with a briefcase and the same smile he had in that meeting. She flew back down with her hand on her heart*

Nejire:where the hell did you even come from?!

Masaru:from behind you? My car's right there

*Masaru said pointing behind him, nejire turned around and started walking inside with Masaru following her*

Nejire:and I'm not scared it's just....10 years is a long time and now it's gonna be over I just....

Masaru:i understand, divorce should be the last option. If you wish I can talk to Masaru's lawyer and cancel this whole thing

Nejire:what about you know who?

Masaru:oh my nephew will be without a doubt pissed. But pro bono or not your my client and your needs come first. So what's it gonna be?

*Nejire bit her underlip as she thought about it*

Nejire"even after everything he's done I can't deny that there's a part of me that still cares for him..."

*Nejire thought. Then she thought about Eri, eri quickly transformed in to Penelope in her mind and what if it would've been her. The very thought made nejire sick to her stomach as her eyes turned cold*

Nejire:no. Continue with the trial, my feelings aside I just can't be with him after doing...what he did

*Nejire said hugging herself. Masaru nodded with a small smile of encouragement for nejire as he opened the door for her. With one deep breath she walked in*

Nejire "this is it..."

Meanwhile with eri

*Eri coughed up blood as she fell on the floor a tooth flying to the air as gravity's hands grabbed her and she slammed on the ground. She tried to get up but felt a foot on her throat*

Haku:villain would've jammed there foot way harder making it impossible to breath you die I win

*Haku said simply as he helped Eri up. Eri grabbed haku's hand and got up, she placed a hand on her own face and rewind it to before the injuries*

Eri:how are you so good?

Haku:the orphanage doesn't have a TV and we're too broke to buy phones. So Naruto and me train since we've got nothing better to do

*Eri glanced at Monika as she dodged a fire kick from marquis, Eri and her group decided to join Naruto and Haku in there regular training regiment. At the background nusutto was screaming as she was kicked to the air by Naruto*

Haku:you should find another opponent Eri I'm at a level to high for you to defeat me I would suggest you fight with your girlfriend

Eri:mínoka Is not my girlfriend