35 ➳ pride // h.x

apparently coach mori was informed earlier that the semifinals was moved to another day rather than tomorrow; it was primarily because of me. the sudden change of team members had shaken everyone, most especially that there was no official announcement that dazai left the team. it may or may not have been a violation to the pgs rules.

i mean, i've been wondering that as well. why the hell did this team not make a statement about their teammate leaving? was it because they thought they had the least fanbase and no one would notice anyway? or they thought their irrelevancy in the pgs would make them get away with it.

i think i've been thinking too much today... all of a sudden, i miss drawing. i haven't touch a masterpiece since that time i first met the tall brunette. maybe i should draw when i get back home.

as we watch the next games to scout on the other teams, stream of thoughts have continued to flow in my brain. i left a message to chuuya in hopes we don't create beef between us - i don't want any disputes with anybody.

it's just that i want him to be aware. perhaps he has gotten the idea already, but i know for a fact that you have to build a healthy relationship with your team in order for your synergies to work.

pride may be a big, bitter pill to swallow, though a lot of times you just have to.

or i don't know, i think hawthorne is possessing me again.

once all the games for today had concluded, coach did a bit of an ending speech before we all headed off. he also said that we can take a break for tonight or we can practice on our own. of course, i have my own agenda and i'm glad the orange-haired man followed through with it.

the team has gone separate ways, to each their own, while me and chuuya headed to the g.u as per my instruction. each step we took as we walked towards the building and into our practice room felt like gravity was more than nine point eight. chuuya is giving himself away too much.

we entered the practice room and closed the door for privacy, in case the same incident of an eavesdropper happens again. the short man in front of me still kept his silence; it's kind of hard to believe this is the same chuuya, whom i know to be super vocal.

my arms reached out to him and gave him a pat on the shoulder. "you did fine, nakahara."

this earned me a slight tint of red from his face and a dumbfounded look, followed by his classic reaction of a very loud "HUUUUH?!"

yep, that's the chuuya i know.

however, i'm not going to feed his ego any further than that.

"look, you were doing fine early, but..." i went straight to the point. i had one of the computers open already with the replay of our entire game loaded, playing to him a specific part of it. it was that time he threw our lead in the game. "is there anything you would like to tell me why that happened?"

from this point forward, chuuya became usual defensive self. "i-i thought that was gonna work!"

"literally all four of us told you to not do it, didn't we?"

i can tell from his eyes that he was resisting to a certain degree, but his body language is giving him away. "what about you, then? why did you pick a carry champion?"

"don't change the subject," i firmly said, yet still keeping it level-headed. "if we want to stay long in this league, then we need to correct each other's mistakes."

a low-tone 'tch' came out of his mouth. seems like chuuya couldn't resist it any longer, though it doesn't really matter much to me. his fists were tightly clenched into a ball, too, indicating the level of resistance he was trying to make. later on, all i heard were our own breathings echoing in the four corners of the room.

perhaps i found my answers already; the answers to my sea of thoughts, and probably for many others too.