29 ➳ lux // h.x

literally my first day as a pro player and it's already going like trash being dumped all over my existence. is the discrimination for women being gamers really that strong within the perimeters of japan?

or for all i know, maybe it even extends around the circumference of the whole globe. what a cruel world that i was born in.

an hour and a half left before the tournament starts, and each team had been rolled randomly to see which one will they be facing against. the coach finished discussing plans and strategies that we will use to initiate a lead against the team we were going to face.

right off the bat, we are up against the third placer of last year's competition. nice.

and speaking of nice, all the commentators topic was just me. they were talking about some of my general information, my league stats, and everything about my life in this game.

we had a tv screen inside the waiting lounge, being able to watch and listen to what was being broadcasted to the whole world.

"it's a shocker that Port Mafia suddenly has a new support," one commentator said to his partner. "we received no notice from the team that Jisatsu left, did we?"

"we surely didn't, partner," the other replied. "but according to some fans via social media, seems like the old support of Port Mafia is somewhere around the crowd today."

all of us turned around in shock upon hearing the rumor. the brunette had the guts to show up despite the unresolved issue?

"what an idiot." chuuya spoke, beating my thoughts to it. surely, the media would be going crazy right now looking for him, or that they'll be raging towards me later.

a little later, a notification popped up on the screen of my phone. it was an unsaved contact, in which i already know who it is.

"good luck! you'll be the first game."

wait, we were?

my eyes diverted back to the tv, wherein there it was, the flowchart of the tournament was shown. at the very top of the chart was Port Mafia.

well damn.

we soon start to get ready, for the opening ceremony should start soon. all teams will be introduced there before the first game starts. each member of the team per game will be introduced one by one, as well, discussing their stats and current standing in the rift.

i took a deep breath. i can already tell what it would look like out there — bright, flashing lights of all sorts of color, the scream and cheers of the crowd, the booming music and the echoing voices of the announcers.

how did i, a player who did nothing but play in the dark, suddenly get this exposure in the lux? at that very moment, i felt like as if i was a vampire who was going to die with all that light.

and it felt even weirder when the time finally came that the opening ceremony had started. as far as my knowledge can go, this team has the least fanbase out of all existing local teams in japan. why is it now that i can hear almost the whole crowd chanting the name of the team?

weird. i suddenly wanna go back to being a lowkey, unknown gamer.