02 ➳ the challenger among // h.x

league, for me, was as easy as A-B-C and 1-2-3.

silky papers were posted around mostly around the streets of Yokohama. i've seen them from afar, but i was on my way home, i saw its contents vis-à-vis.

it was a poster for the upcoming Yokohama league tournament on the 30th of October. i have heard of it from the people in my dormitory; although i wanted to join, i knew no one but my landlord, the people from the other rooms, and my roommate who always seem to be busy talking to God.

having to see the poster was a blessing. they were looking for an additional member who is a bot lane main, and at the same time could adjust to other roles just in case.

the determination in my eyes have gleamed upon reading the whole poster, so i gave this number a call.

of course, majority of league players were men and so i expected a man to answer back. but meeting him was quite a surprise. 

i know for a fact that i am quite tall for a female, but for all the men i've met, he is probably the shortest one so far. he only towers a height below my shoulders.

"i am hayakawa xyren, bot lane dominator. i am willing to take your test to be part of your team."

the bot lane dominator part was no joke. my whole life playing league i have preferred going adc or support, which both belong in the bot lane for most of the time in the game. even with that said, i can still adjust to other roles -- preferably mid or jungle.

this man named nakahara chuuya apparently was the adc of their team. their previous support had left the team, and so forced to find a stranger who is willing to complete their team for the sake of the competition.

two hours were all he asked to rent and he vowed to pay for my rental, as well. i sat down in my proper posture and opened league without engaging in a conversation with this short man. i can feel his stare, but it's not like i give two ruddy fucks about who looks at me.

"may i engage you in a one on one match, or would you like to play cooperative with me?" was his question. i gave him a shrug to let him decide what he wants.

it should be an automatic that cooperative plays should be first to test out a player's team coordination, and then engaging on a one on one match.

and so i told him my in-game name and added me to his friends list in order to add me to the queue. he asked me to go support him as a carry; i did as i was told.

in the loading screen wherein our ranked borders were shown, chuuya was diamond I. not a little later, i heard him shriek in his seat.

"you're challenger?!"

my head turned around to give him a glare. the way he yelped seem like my gender does not fit my rank.

people should expect this from an uncivilized woman who stopped studying and is now spending her life wasting time in games or art.

the game turned out to be a victory, chuuya carrying the game with a standing of 27/4/12 and me getting 1/5/47 as a support.

"would you like a one on one match?" his victorious smirk from the game we've just won was still plastered on his face. even though with the rank differences we had, just by staring through his cyan eyes i can tell that he was confident to beat me.

a loud ring emitted from my pocket, feeling its vibration pulse on the side of my thigh. i fished it out and revealing my roommate, hawthorne, calling me. it was a rare occasion that he contacts me, but when he does, usually means it's urgent.

"let's make this quick, shall we?" were the words that escaped my lips upon ending the call. chuuya nodded his head and created the game, i quickly accepted the invitation and we were send to champion select.

gg ez. game ended in fifteen minutes. guess who won.