65 ➳ stuck with you, too // h.x

somehow, i feel relieved after all of that. the keyword there is somehow. before i knew it, we were already back in yokohama, and then it's just a sleep away before the finals.

the night at the hotel was definitely a very awkward one. it was obvious that chuuya was tense, but then again it's my fault why he felt that way. after a very lengthy heart-to-heart talk with him, we decided to watch some league vods and replays from other countries' pro scenes. the short man proposed to be called 'chuuya' instead, as per his words, 'no one really calls me nakahara. it sounds super stiff.' but that doesn't really sit well with me either. i call almost everyone by last name.

i've got to say, the intentional idea of coach mori for this team building was splendid, i'd give him that. he knew exactly was he was doing, what to expect... or maybe, like i said before, fate is just absolutely stupid and toyed with us that day. i'm not complaining anymore, though; life is too short to keep complaining. who knows if this will be my only chance to be involved with the pro gaming scene.

i shut my eyes for just a second, and all of a sudden i flutter my eyes open to the sound of my alarm ringing, indicating that it was finals day. it was still kind of dark behind the curtains of the apartment room, and hawthorne was still snoozing, too. i intentionally set to wake up way early as i didn't want to be tardy anymore.

and the fact that chuuya is picking me up too just for good measure, as per the coach's instruction. how great. my hermit ass is not used to this kind of lifestyle, but perhaps this could be the key to a better and healthier living.

i did my usual routine -- took a shower, made and ate breakfast while reading some notes regarding our opposing team, brushed my teeth, and packed up my stuff. by the time i was done doing all these, i had a few minutes to spare before chuuya beeped my phone saying that he's already in front of our apartment. i hurriedly wrote a note for hawthorne just so he knows that i left earlier than normal, god i hope my handwriting can still be readable after that.

grabbing my bag from my bed and rushing down through a flurry of stairs, i opened the apartment gates to find a shiny, gray-almost-black tinted sedan parked on the road, with a smug-looking asshole leaning on the front seat door.

"well, what do you know," chuuya smirked with arrogance present in his words. "you are capable of being punctual after all."

"ha, i just don't want to keep you waiting for too long, nakahara." i mimicked his smug attitude. but really, i just didn't want him idle, else i'd get a beating of yelling from him probably at the waiting room of the stadium, or during the entirety of the trip.

i was expecting him to keep the high horse, but to my surprise, chuuya flinched. he tried speaking again as a rebuttal, though he was stuttering through his words. "still with the 'nakahara' charade, but whatever, get in the car, madam."

i couldn't help but let out a short yet smug laugh. "don't get any weird ideas. despite my tardiness, i hate making people wait for me."

chuuya attempted to open the door for me for the front passenger seat, but i politely turned down the offer and told him i'd rather be at the backseats so that my bag and i can sit comfortably. the man did not protest any further and proceeded to go back to his driver seat, started the ignition, and drove us towards the stadium for the finals.

the distance from the apartment to the stadium wasn't that far off as far as i can remember, but the entire ride felt so long. it was... oddly quiet. chuuya had his eyes ingrained to the road, and while i have no complains about that, it just kind of felt out of character for him.

i leaned on the windows with my chin over the back of my hand, letting out a low-toned sigh that hopefully chuuya didn't hear.

all i could say now is really, i can't believe that i'm stuck in this fate, and i'm hoping for a smooth and better performance in the finals.