72 ➳ witness // d.o

i decided to take a stroll again around the city despite the workload needed to be done back at the agency. i am currently on snack break and i just need the break from all those computer work.

it was almost sundown but the skies were rather dim today; it could mean that it will be raining in a bit or later tonight. the skies feel like it was synchronized with my mood too. president fukuzawa has given me orders to not interact with xyren until i've been made an official member of the agency. a pro-player-gone-staff behind the scenes was a rare case, after all.

i'd be lying to myself if i say that i'm not bothered by this. aside from that, xyren herself has not reached out to me ever since before the finals -- as if she just left everything in a hanging state and had not returned. i haven't seen her on league and on social media either after the finals, which gives me the conclusion that she must have taken yet another break. they are competing again in several weeks.

i did say to myself that i could probably sneak some form of communication with her through other platforms outside of league, but who's to say that the president isn't snooping on my phone by tracking my messaging apps or some sort. i rather not risk it for now.

ah, i've got an idea! xyren's art shop is still a thing, right! i don't think the world knows yet that the port mafia support sidelines as a humble artist in yokohama, and since she's not affiliated with the agency, it should be safe to pay her a visit there.

i have another hour left before my break time is over, so i went ahead and walked to the location of xyren's shop. however, as i drew closer and close to the location, sirens were starting to be heard in the distance, and even those sounds grew louder and louder.

i picked up the pace of my walking and alas, an ambulance greets me in front of ren's trash. two men in a full scrub suit carried a tall, slender woman into the back of the ambulance. long jet black hair, generic and plain green jacket -- it was no doubt that it was none other than hayakawa xyren. did some accident happened inside the store?

the renowned pastor friend of xyren also came out of the shop shortly after, readying himself to ride along the ambulance. i normally know these pastors as the calm type, but this was the first time that i've seen one all panicky. i've watched everything from the other side of the street until the ambulance finally left in its classic hurried fashion.

i crossed the street shortly after, the unnecessary crowd also starting to dissipate. i tried striking a conversation with one of them and i was informed that the owner of the art shop passed out all of a sudden. 

despite the slender figure, xyren seems to be healthy, or in my opinion anyways. i wonder what happened to her. i hope she hasn't neglected her general health; not now out of all times. 

i'll worry about xyren later after work, for now i'll just go back to the agency and unwillingly continue my work. today's trip has been for naught, anyways.

maybe the world is really starting to set our friendship apart.