18 ➳ eavesdropper // d.o

i can already tell that it is only the two of them left in that room, judging that there were only four people who got out of the building.

the eavesdropper that i am decided to go back inside, hiding at the best of my abilities and to listen closely on what would happen between the two of them. i just don't trust that small hat rack with a tall beautiful woman.

i was just about to turn to the corner where their room was located and i can already hear chuuya screaming at his demise. his poor soul was asking the lady to mentor him how to adc.

mori must have said something nasty toward his peasant-like skills to the point of his desperation right now.

i did some "investigation" with the woman's league account and her match history for the past 30 days. she was no joke player, and the coach must have noticed how unbalanced their teamfights were.

"how dare you step on my pride like that!" shorty yelled from the top of his lungs; he must have forgotten that the door was open and that his voice will echo out of the room.

from one glance, i knew that seaside picasso looked like the person who won't give a shit about what other people feel. she must have been too blunt for chuuya to handle.

a sigh was slightly heard followed by a monotonous, feminine voice. "nakahara, you're acting like a bronze scrub right now whining like that."

ouch. i hope hat rack would apply cold water to the burnt area later, because even i would have been hurt as a man if a woman were to say that to me.

of course, chuuya would never let that get to him. "just please teach me h—"

"hold your thought for a moment, please."

"wait, where are you going?"

the argument suddenly went downhill and the woman said nothing after. footsteps can be heard from her boots making contact against the tiles. the sound was getting louder from my direction.

oh crap.

no human figure came out of the door, but even before i was able to run away, slender hands have grabbed me from my back collar and pulled me inside the room.

"i knew there were prying eyes since a while ago." her scarlet eyes pierced through my helpless soul.

i kept playing innocent as i giggled, "oh hey guys! didn't expect you two to be here... alone... he he he~"

"d-dazai?!" chuuya exclaimed in disgust, in which he got a cocked brow back from the woman with her.

"you know each other?"

"well," i played dumb. i wanted to shrug, but the black-haired lass was still holding me like a ragged doll. "seems like he knows me, but not me! who are you again?"

his gloved hand met his face. oh yeah, i know him by name, but i know him better by his mistake.

the woman finally let go of me and i was able to stretch my stressed muscles. being a ragged doll for a solid minutes or more wasn't a good experience, since it sounded like a recipe for slow suicide.

"whatever your relationship is with each other," the woman spoke in authority, lending a hand to chuuya as an indication to get up from his kneeling position. "it's not a good thing to eavesdrop on someone else's conversation, brunette."

"hey, i don't mean any harm, though..." i said in a sad tone, even though i was slightly smiling on the outside. "i was just curious."

chuuya took her hand and stood up, letting me see how really short he is when next to her. i could go to a burst of hysteria right now, but picasso isn't the type for jokes, and i hate the shorty's presence in general.

the woman bowed down to me. "pardon, we need to get going." but before completely exiting the room, she handed me a small piece of paper that states her league name as well as a platform called discord.

obviously, this was a premade call card.

which is great because now i can freely slip into her messages without me flirting first to get it!