25 ➳ duo only // n.c

days continue to pass in a blink of an eye. next thing i know, it was like less than 24 hours left before the elimination rounds for the tournament. what have we been doing for the whole week? it wasn't long ago that i was walking around the outskirts of Yokohama and posting fliers to look for a new team member.

i feel like Port Mafia had undergo major, if not, minor changes and transformation ever since the appearance of hayakawa xyren. it wasn't long ago either that we were suffering to adjust to her challenger skills.

now, everything was a piece of cake.

for the past 48 hours, xyren has taught me non-stop regarding techniques of coping up as an adc. since she couldn't play with me beyond 01:00, xyren would just spectate me and tell me what to do, or send instructions to me via email.

these said techniques have been proven and tested by me that it was highly effective — for me that is. because i was able to quickly pick up with the strategy, coach mori agreed to have me back as an adc, but the role swap will still be applicable if anything goes bad or depending upon the situation.

today was the last day of training; tomorrow is the big day. i can't help but to feel an immense mix of excitement and nervousness. surely, with the challenger on our side, the coach has higher expectations for Port Mafia now.

the last 2 hours of the last training only consisted of me, akutagawa, kajii, and tachihara. coach mori gave us the option to continue training in game, or to discuss strategies that we could use. he left akutagawa in charge as the coach leaves with xyren to fix her registration papers as a pro player.

a sudden thought came to flash in my mind as i pondered the idea of a woman joining the pro gaming series. maybe in other countries, they have female pro players local to their series, but we are bound for the worldwide tournament after this one. what would the world think of that?

weird of me to say this, but what does xyren's family think about her becoming a pro player? normally, anyone with a daughter would be against that idea; and judging from her, i feel like she came out from a family with a silver spoon.

there is also a rule within the pro gamers, or basically anyone well-known as an artist or actor, that it wouldn't be easy to date just anyone — otherwise the punishments are worst than you think.

"feeling intimacy is ineligible for gamers. they're just a distraction." this statement from xyren came to mind. maybe she's right, after all; maybe that's the reason why she's so blunt — so that she could dodge any guy's confession as if they were skillshots from noob players.

the thought of her meeting other men before us crossed my mind too. imagine how many men would have flirted with her, but she ended up either busting them, or letting them stay in the friendzone.

damn. if it were my turn, i'd probably get turned down too. sucks to be stuck to be her duo partner for the rest of our lives.

albeit these thoughts, it's not like i'm planning to engage or anything like that. nope. i'll keep her words in mind.

☀️☀️☀️

a/n: if you're reading this right now, that means you have successfully reached the end... of the first arc of the story. meaning, the future chapters to come will be the second arc. idk if there will be a third arc, but if i ever decide to, then i'll put up another note like this.

anyway, before going further, i would just like to clarify that this is a bsd x pgs (pro gaming series) au, if i haven't said that already.

add to that, if you happen to notice that if either chuuya or dazai is out of character, then that was intentional. the storyline is a spin-off from my true experiences, and that both chuuya and dazai is just my mere representation of two people i know irl.

if their ooc-ness bothers you, then i truly apologize!! uwu i still try to get them in character as much as i can, while applying the demeanor of their rl inspirations. worry not, it'll be fine by the second arc~

risu, 040418, 23.01