26 ➳ female pro player // h.x

i can't believe it.

coach mori came along with me to register my data as an official pgs player, and that i became a member of Port Mafia through a blind picked audition. they also officially declared their past support, dazai the brunette, a retired pgs player.

i could have come here to take care of my documents alone, but now i understand on why coach decided to "assist" me: him and the pgs director for the japan division took HOURS to argue, compared to how little time they consumed to get me registered.

by the look of things, it looked like they were fighting over the reason why dazai left the team, in which the coach himself doesn't really know why. the other half of the argument is also the director being sexist as usual, saying stuff like 'women shouldn't be a pro player' and shit.

anyway, nevermind; none of my concerns. i'm just happy to be an official pro player now, even if i can already see the prying eyes of the director, and soon, the audiences.

"i wish the best of luck for this team." i initiated a conversation with the coach as we walk back to the g.u.

coach mori just sighed in relief, a sly smile plastered on his face. "i hope you have the tongue of an angel, hayakawa. i've been running this team for almost three years and we haven't won anything yet."

i just smirked in response and kept the small laugh to myself. i actually know the existence of Port Mafia before getting involved here now — this exact team was the team that only hardcore pgs fans and followers know about. this team was the least favored cluster in all of japan.

and yet here i was, playing for them. how impossible could my life go on?

seriously, i can't believe you, self.

we got back to the g.u to witness nothing but disoriented members; they were a mess of loud and obnoxious laughter and stupidness, in which was slightly expected. the coach said his final announcements and reminders for the team before dismissing us.

"get some good night's rest, everyone," were the coach's words before we all part ways. "tomorrow is a big day~"

chuuya and i weren't going to play duo today, so i intend to go back to the dorm earlier than i would have been. however, a gloved hand came to halt me in my tracks. i turned around to see the vermilion haired man looking down with a grim aura.

i looked down to him. "anything wrong, nakahara?"

he realized that he had been holding my hand for too long, therefore jerking it off almost immediately. "n-nothing. i just want to say..."

chuuya trailed off and was quiet for a brief second, but not too long that he looked up to meet my crimson eyes and had switched moods instantly.

"...congrats for being the first female pro player in the history of j-pgs!"

"thank you." i mouthed, still unsure of what he really wanted. i feel like something was wrong, or am i just overthinking it?

the shorty scratched the back of his head after a reasonable amount of silence, brushing his slight embarrassment with a small laugh. "ah, i was going to treat you dinner for it, but i may be bothering your schedule."

how cute. for the past few days, all i heard from his mouth was either "goddamn it", "fuck", or any phrase that expresses his anger, pride, or disappointment. nothing in between.

i bowed down as a gesture of appreciation for the grace, but i really have to turn him down at that point. the landlord might notice already that i go home late and might kick me out of his property.

"that treat can wait," i said as sincere as i can. "i'm not going anywhere away from the team. for now, let's just take this time to rest, yeah?"

a hint of disappointed was written all over his face, but soon got over it and listened to my advice.

"alright. thank you, xyren. really."