43 ➳ suspicions // n.c

i'm not entirely sure whether the wine i drank last night had some sort of enchanting effects, but boy i was knocked out hard. moreover, i just had the weirdest dream.

in the dream, apparently dazai and xyren were dating behind my back, or the team's back to say the least. i found out because xyren wasn't able to make it through today's practice and i had to find the support, only to see the both of them having a good time together in the agency's cafe - the same agency that dazai works for now.

i woke up earlier in a surge of rage and panic; the dream felt so surreal that i thought it was already happening in the present. bullets of sweat were dripping all over me upon fluttering my eyes and shooting myself up to a sitting position. looking back at the dream now, all i feel is cringe and some sort of uneasiness within my chest.

as we had a day left until semifinals, coach mori had setup that we should be meeting and practicing with the team today to review the gameplay of our opposing team tomorrow. of course, this was duly noted, but for some reason the challenger in the team didn't respond to the chat. the fact that i had that dream just had to come along too.

perhaps she wasn't able to see the chat and have gone elsewhere was my first assumption, so i decided to go to ren's trash to check on her there in case she was there.

but no, what luck did i have today to run into dazai. again. and out of all days, it had to be today.

and i really just had to have that dream lingering within my brain, too. really, what luck.

dazai seemed to have made his attempt to get in the art shop, but the door did not open, and then he just stopped trying once he felt my presence. now he's speaking in riddles, that i shouldn't use xyren as some of bridge for my grudges against dazai himself. what the fuck is he talking about?

"i mean, if you have a problem with me, then why don't you say it here, right here and then?" the brunette spoke with his signature smug plastered on his face.

even when he was still in the team, all we often do were bicker upon each other's asses, and that has not changed one bit. this guy still likes making me confused as hell.

"your entire existence is my problem, dazai," i blurted out with a straight face. "you already left the team, and now you're meddling with the new support?"

"fate is just funny, chuuya," dazai parrots my serious tone, yet his facial expression remains. "besides, can't i not be friends with her, or is there something else you're trying to imply?"

the world paused around me upon hearing that. friends, he say? are they really 'just friends'?

ah, damn it! these thoughts are extra intrusive today just because of that goddamn dream. i'm literally raising suspicions on my own teammate when she's the one who said that pro players can't date and that communication is key and all that shit.

ding. an idea just popped in my head. yeah, i should just ask xyren herself. i'm probably just being wary right now because this is dazai in front of me - i do not trust a word he says.

but before that, i have to leave now and get back with the team; wherever the hell xyren is right now, i hope she's either already there at g.u or have read the group chat.

"tch, alright, you win this time, dazai," were the last words i said before turning my back on him. "i'll let you win this time. right now, i have to find her for practice."

"sure! tell her i said hi! and good luck with you all~"