10 ➳ mine, fine (and) wine // n.c

you know that you have no life when you can sit and do the same thing for more than five hours straight -- without getting bored of it.

we started around 12 noon exact, and we were just sitting in front of the pc's for five hours and forty-three minutes... well, in hayakawa's case, that is.

this woman is a damn beast! we had four games overall, and we won 3 of them. we lost one because although she was doing well carrying us (we switched roles for once to test her 'bot lane dominator-ness'), tachihara overfed his opponent darius. hayakawa, playing as varus, wasn't able to turn things around even with her champion's late game capability.

it's hard to keep up with challenger mechanics.

anyway, i'll repeat -- this woman is a damn beast! aside from the fact that she really does dominate bot late, she didn't stand up from her seat for the whole time that we were in that internet cafe. nothing at all, not even to take a bathroom break or to stretch a little bit.

i admire her skills, but i am quite concerned with her lifestyle at this point.

our team coach mori ougai had instructed us to go back to the team apartment along with the new member in order to formally welcome her as a part of the team.

who needs dazai, when we have a challenger support who's mine and fine?

i am kidding about the mine part.

along the way back to the apartment, the new support was awfully quiet. her crimson eyes focused on her phone; seems like she's texting someone.

so i decided to engage in a conversation, "hey, congratulations for being one of us now!"

"thank you." the color of her eyes do not match her personality. it really doesn't.

i walked next to her, supposedly to hang my arm around her shoulders like what i usually do with shorter girls. but then, i forgot that she was strangely tall for a woman.

however, that doesn't stop me from being able to see what she was doing on her phone. she was texting the famous Christian preacher, hawthorne, asking hayakawa on what time will she be back home.

that was pretty much the only thing my eyes have caught until she locked her phone.

"you know brother hawthorne?" i asked for the sake of the conversation.

she lifelessly sighed. "yes; he's my roommate and i treat him as if he's both my parent and my sibling, since my real ones hate me to the guts."

maybe i never should have asked. that fact alone may be the reason why her personality and attitude seem so dull.

but as the main leader of the team (next to the team coach, of course), i have my duties to make the new member comfortable around the pre-existing members of the team.

and then that hit me.

a mine and fine new support deserve some mine and fine wine.

"can you tell brother hawthorne that you'll be home a little late?" these words came to surface without second thought.

i'm not thinking anything naughty, though.

hayakawa shook her head no. "not yet. why?"

akutagawa butted in to the conversation. "quit it, chuuya. i know what you're thinking."

"it'll be fine, akutagawa! i'm sure coach wouldn't mind~"

the way akutagawa had tried to warned me to stop, gave the woman weird ideas judging from the way she was looking at me and him. "wouldn't mind what?"

"we'll have wine~" and i winked.