00 ➳ prologue

tangent  • /tanjənt/  

1) (of a line or plane) touching, but not intersecting, a curve or curved surface.

i did not want to hurt anyone. i dislike the idea of pain or suffering.

i am a lonely girl whose twenty years of her life spent in front of a mahogany table, my ass glued in a chair for God-knows-how long. on the surface of this table is either my laptop and drawing tablet, or my art supplies scattered as if a storm passed by.

school works? i stopped studying at the age of eighteen, pursuing my dream as a professional gamer and a part time artist. i needed not to waste my time drowning myself in algorithms and formulas if my goal in life was just as simple as spamming the mouse and pressing different combinations in the keyboard.

and because of that, my own parents had abandoned me.

of course, they wanted me to become an engineer with a diploma and bachelor's degree. however, all those things were distasteful to me -- as if i immediately knew that i don't belong there.

although with that misery, i do not regret not backing out from what i want in life.

simply by competing in contests and selling my art, i had earned enough money to sustain my daily needs. sooner or later, i was able to travel from the city of Kyoto -- where i was born and raised -- and my feet ended up taking me to the busy streets of Yokohama.

there i've realized that fate can play tricks sometimes.

i met one man during a competition, and then i met another at my art shop.

tangent/tanjənt/ 

2) a completely different line of thought or action. 

one pair of piercing blue eyes. another pair of deep and dark brown orbs have met my crimson ones.

i am a girl who knows nothing but the beauty of art and the challenge of games. never have i thought of getting out of my comfort zone -- ever.

jet black hair covers the expression in my eyes, and no other forms have shaped my lips other than the thin downward line that i have kept for years.

it may not show, but i feel content just staying where i am.

so, in the end, these two men i have them to meet me but i decided to swerve from the plan.

i did not want to hurt anyone. 

i had one chance to meet what could have changed my life forever, and yet the subconscious within me has whispered to my delicate ears saying...

...just part away, and disappear.   

soooooo here's the prologue for the soukoku x oc fic! hopefully everything goes smoothly since this idea has been bothering me for quite a while~

lowercase intended because all chapters will be short anyway so--

i hope you enjoy!! c:

//risuscitate; 062517 22:02