27 ➳ modern world // d.o

if i remember correctly, today is the first day of the elimination rounds for the japanese sector of the pgs. all local teams will compete against each other, and the strongest one who successfully climbs up on top of everyone else will get to represent japan, battling other team representatives of the other countries in asia. after a few months, the top 2 or 3 teams in the asia category will recompete again for a a much larger scale, which is the seasonal worldwide tournaments.

...in which Port Mafia couldn't even make it pass the local competitions, so i really have no idea how would it feel like being able to defeat the locals teams.

i wanted to give my moral support to xyren by going to the venue of the tournament itself; i know that there will be judgmental eyes to strike when i do, though. since i still was part of the team for the world of pgs, and that neither me nor the team had broadcast that i left, meaning that i already expect the pgs fans -- or maybe even the media -- would be shocked if they see me within the crowd, and not with the team on stage.

but who cares about the media anyway? i would probably even entertain them!

just kidding. yes, i still would entertain them, but regards to answering them in all honesty, that's something i really wouldn't bother.

to favor most of the timezones in asian countries, the elimination round starts around 2 in the afternoon here in japan. there are only 8 teams overall, so the 4 teams that will win today proceeds to the semi-finals that will be held tomorrow on the same time.

audiences who purchased tickets to be seated inside the venue were already being accommodated hours before the start of the tournament, whereas the same thing applies for those people who just wanted to watch outside of the venue through a projected screen for free. to avoid drawing too much attention, i decided to go to the venue around the time where the line wasn't that long.

and so i thought.

it was just 7:00 and there was already a line! the moment i approached the queue, eyes were staring at me, while some started to murmur amongst themselves. the most common statements i heard were "isn't that PM Jisatsu?", "why is he here among the crowd?", "isn't he Port Mafia's support?"

i flashed a smile towards them, ignoring them afterwards and going straight to the front of the line, in hopes to feel like a vip and that the ushers might let me in first than anyone else.

to my surprise, they did. they must have thought that i am an early bird for the team; either that or the mass really has no idea about me leaving.

as the seats started to fill in, people has still taken account of my notice despite sitting at the very back of the venue, where it was dark and almost no lights get through it. some would approach me to take a photo to be posted in their social medias, or just to brag about getting to a pro player up close. on the other hand, at the corner of my eye, i can see people secretly trying to snap a stolen photo of me, whereas when i see one, i immediately pose for them as a way to make them slightly embarrassed.

god. i can already tell that, for the first time in my life, i must be trending all over the world right now. the modern world is so fast, yet so dangerous and toxic too.

  ☀️☀️☀️ 

a/n: just a note, jisatsu (自殺,じさつ) means suicide in japanese. that's why dazai's pgs name is PM Jisatsu. (pgs/lcs/lck names are always team abbreviation + name, in this case, PM is Port Mafia) just to clarify in case you're all wondering why i gave him such a weird ign hahahaha. pro players always have separate accounts for their personal use and their professional lives. the others will get the same thing too, so dw~